Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CRAFT FORUM........

Once I get the craft fairs and xmas out the way I will definatley post some pictures for you to see , mag I love the idea of getting lovely wall paper to cover up cheap note books...what a fab idea !

Wow, just thinking ( yes it does happen sometimes) Id love to try that and have beaded tassles hanging from it to match........great Idea mag, cos when i was in WHSMITHS the fancy note books were expensive if I remember correctly ? .............mmmmmmm
    now Im thinking , what about covering a pencil in the same paper to match ?

This is fun !

mirryx

sue , how did you get your dog onto a cross stitch pattern ?

sounds very complicated ?

mirryx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">ooh, and also im having a flocking frenzy at the moment ([:I][:I][^]). you know that sticky back plastic that has that soft flock stuff on it (?????), ive been cutting out designs to make a flocked wallpaper effect on tea light holders, notebooks etc. that probably makes no sense to anyone does it?[:P]

<div align="right">Originally posted by strawberrie - 27 November 2006 : 16:37:20</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    It makes perfect sense to me I'm afraid!! [:I][:I][:I][:I]

Piglet x

hi piglet i took a picture of my dog with a digital camera then hubby converted it into a chart on the computer .im affraid my use of the computer is very limited lolhes the clever one but alot of people do that with cross stitch its great fun.hubby has just said that if anyone wants a cross stitch chart of a favourute photo made he will do it for you

i'm knitting gloves out of fluffy for friends and have done scarves one friend wants me to have a go at knitting a hat with fluffy wool. am having problems getting it here cheap.

i also make cards and i have inherited a dolls house which i have made curtains for

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Netty, I make the cards too, it started off when 3 years ago I went to card making classes with my friends, it was great fun but very expensive at £10 a class [:I] The lady teaching it had 50 people in the hall , so was making a fortune.

I used to sell my cards but now I just make them for friends and family. However my friend still makes them and gets plenty of sales, shes started making the shape cards..
    the ones in a heart shape or in the shape of a wine glass (looks lovely).
    I know she buys wrapping paper and uses the pictures on it to do 3D.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a new one, I used to make GEM TREES (10 years ago)
    basically its all about twisting 120 strands of wire into a shape of a tree, you start of with the base of the trunk, twisting with pliers and working your way up to seperating the wires into branches.
    Then you cut out acetate into the shapes of leaves and glue them onto the ends of the branches. Once you have done that you can put glue on it and sprinkle gem chips on to it ,to dry.
    I used to sell them in a local shop and they sold fast, i used to glue them onto chunks of marble as the base or a crystal base ...
    miss doing them (stopped when I was pregnant).

mirryx

mirry, i love your gem tree idea - could you use them to hang jewellery on? that would make a lovely gift (can you tell i am in xmas present mode at the moment? ) i like your idea of covering pencils in wallpaper too - i tried it with my flock stuff (told you im having a flocking frenzy) but although it looked good, it didnt work cos if you try and sharpen it you just end up with a pencil sharpener full of sticky goo, and no-one wants that do they! i like your beaded tassle idea too - ive used a ribbon as a bookmark and decorated it with um....., yes, you guessed it...... flock!!![:I]

net, you are so lucky to have a dolls house, im wondering about a dolls house as a new project - id love to do it up all modern (kind of like how i'd like my house to be if i could afford it!).

i love all these ideas - im no good at knitting or cross stitch or anything like that (too impatient i think), but now your all inspiring me!

mag

I bought my piglets a dolls house some years ago and then proceded to decorate each room identically to our own house, using leftover paint and paper from the shed. When we ever move it will serve as a reminder of what our old house was like

It's a bit freaky really as I feel like a giant when I <s>play</s> tidy it - good thing I don't take drugs or I might feel like Alice in Wonderland and that would be flocking scary!!!

Piglet xx

what a flocking fantastic idea piglet! what a lovely mum you are! you're really inspiring me (&gt;.........mag daydreams about a dolls house done out top to bottom in flock wallpaper, oooh, and mini ikea furniture too!)[|)][^][Wow!][:I][:I][:I]

mag

at the Ikea furniture!!!

Mag I can see flock being a new word for us - I dropped a plate tonight and said 'oh flock' to see what the effect would be, although perhaps I should try it next time when I'm not the only one home!!!

Why don't you try it on for size in chat and let me know how you go - mind you I think they would be more shocked and outraged by your doll house talk, you may even get banned, still you can always blame me

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information