Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: CRAFT FORUM........

Re: CRAFT FORUM........

Piglet,
    If you get some cord thong connectors in a slightly larger size than your cord then what you do is fold over your cord into the hole so its doubled.That way no matter what size cord you get it should fit.

I like to buy bits from www.beadsunlimited.co.uk

if you click on online shop you will see a drop down menu,
    click that........
    go to page: 51 findings

there you will see the two different styles of crimps for corded necklaces that you can use,
    the leather crimp flat is easy to use, you just place your cord into it and squash down the 2 sides with some pliers. (dead easy).

Then if you look below that , you will see the Jump rings....
    go for the 5mm or the 7 mm size.

Also on the same page are the Trigger clasps (they are stronger).
    Last edited by mirry; 16-04-07 at 18:48.

Piglet forgot to say the crimp that is flat tend to fit most cords, It is also the easiest to use .

Quote Originally Posted by mirry View Post
    Hi Honey, Ive considered getting a website but the way my jewellery didnt take off on ebay made me decide to sell in shops instead. But who knows it may just work.

I make all sorts of different jewellery, some are bead weaving, some are stringing, pendants, charm bracelets ect. I love to sit and create my own designs. I went to jewellery school for 5 years and picked up alot of good techniques and was once lucky enough to be taught for one day only by a lady who was trained by the queen mother jeweller !!! That was at the isle of weight pearl center, and a wonderfull day it was, *I felt fantastic doing it.
    Even today I picked up the local college leaflet on classes on jewellery making ( i just cant get enough). I will see if I can sort out photos for you.
    Where do you live honey ? we could do it together if your in hampshire by anychance ?
    hmmmm, im slightly more inexperianced than you... i did go college to do creative design cos i didnt really know what i wanted to do but only ever self taught myself it really.

the thing with ebay is that things go for so little on there its not really worth it if you wanna make a decent amount of money... i live in south wales so quite a way away but if you know anyone who could set up a small website for you, it could be a great idea, advertise it in local papers, magazines, stick flyers through doors or leave piles in colleges or libraries etc... as long as you dont spend too much on advertising you havent really got miuch to lose... thats what i'm planning to do anyway... we'll see, i'm feeling very enthusiastic at the mo but not sure how long it'll last... would love to see some pics of your work... i love jewellery, especially necklaces, i have sooooooo many

Honeybee, I was offered a web site last november, a friend of mines husband said he could do me a good web site but to be honest I wasntsure if that was what I want. The reason being I want to get out and about more, so thats why I went down the shop route, Its really not easy making money out of it full time. I manage to make about £30 a week from it and hopefully that will increase with the new shops ?
    Honey give it a go and see what happens, it could well be a big hit which would be great. Its great to follow your dreams.
    Also we are doing alot of craft fairs this summer, I usually do well at these so fingers crossed. Also I take in repairs for people and word is getting around,
    I also have a lady who gets me to make her earrings to match her new outfits, she goes to buy the beads and I put them together whilst she waits, it only takes 5 mins and she pays me £5 !!! I wish I had more clients like her.

Mirry that's funny I was gonna ask you about the flat claps as I have necklace like that already - do I need to buy any special pliers for this or can I use the normal ones I have in my general tool box???

Thanks mate.

Piglet

Oh and also funnily enough I have a brochure for Beads unlimited too that I got awhile ago when I wanted some beads.

Piglet

Hi

I have just started painting again after a break of 2 years, oils mainly and sketches. I do enjoy it when I get started but find it hard to motivate myself to start.

I do cross stitch and jigsaws but again its hard to start but i keep trying.
    nessx

Piglet you will just need flat nose pliers, for making the necklaces however it is very usefull to have 2 pairs , cos sometimes the jump rings can be so stiff that you need to grip it with 2 pairs of pliers to prise it apart.

You may get away with just using the flat nose pliers alone, But if your going to get a 2nd pair then go for the round nose pliers, so that way you have one of each (very handy for jewellery making).

Hi smudgie, Id love to try painting cos it looks so relaxing.How long have you been painting ?

Mirry take a look at this item as an alternative to having to use 2 sets of pliers 170101137660.

Piglet

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information