Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CRAFT FORUM........

lol, went into the £1 shop and they had patterned note books in there, yes for £1 :( however not as nice as flock

When I went to the last craft fair, they had a lady selling craft material, rubber stamps/card stock etc ,
    I dont know why they are allowed to do that ? Its doesnt seem fair on the other crafters, one girl had made cards ,yet people were looking at the card stock to make there own .And the girl of the store told me she lies to people , anything to get a sale [:O]
    She said she tells people things are the end of line and they wont get it again anywhere else......(I looked very disgusted).

mirryx

Yes Mirry I agree - I expect the lady selling the craft making supplies does very well on the back of the 'real' crafters! I'm not necessarily against her doing that (we all have to earn a living) but perhaps she should give the others a percentage, cos without them inspiring the public with their results she wouldn't get nearly the turnover.

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Anybody know of some good sites for knitting and crochet patterns?
    scaredycat

A friend of mine went to hobby craft this week and spent £20 on a few tiny bits, I told her they are too expensive and its best to buy on ebay (where I buy from) . And at the moment americas dollar is 2$ to the £1, which is fantastic !!!
    If you spend under £18 you shouldnt get a export fee on top, I am now searching the american ebay site for basically half price goods [Yeah!]

mirryx

omg mirry, i never thought of that, mind you i dont understand exchange rates and stuff like that [:I], but that is such a good idea - you've got me thinking now.

I popped in to Hobbycraft the other day to find clock movements to make my clock xmas pressies (thanks to Piglet's idea), the cheapest one they had was £7, which was way too much for me, but i managed to get 5 for less than £10 (including postage) off ebay. [Yes!]

scaredycat, sorry, i dont know anything about knitting or crochet, although i wish i did. i know someone that knits food (!!!), so my kids have some little knitted donuts and battenburg cakes and stuff - they are just soooo cute!

mag

Mag - I tell you what I did regarding the clock movements, I bought some cheap clocks from Superbuys and Poundstrecher and dismantled them for the working part. You will have to look at the clock to see if you can do this as not every clock could be reused. I think I paid like a pound a clock and was able to reuse them all.

Mirry I will look at buying crafts from the USA too - I already buy loads of makeup from there but hadn't thought about craft stuff.

Mags - you can roughly half the price in dollars to get what it will be in pounds and actually if you log in on ebay.com rather than ebay.co.uk it will give you the price under the dollar price.

I also used to buy some lovely crafting fabrics to make my bags out if anyone wants me to find the website.

Love Piglet x

i must admit to have already been to the pound shop and spent some time trying to prise apart their clocks without anyone noticing! [:I] Only trouble was, i decided they werent big enough for what i wanted anyway and i had to get out of there quick before i started buying loads of useless items just cos they were "such a bargain"[^] (my house is full of these 'bargain items' [:I])

ok, this might sound like a really stupid question, but if you look at the price of postage on ebay.com and it gives you the conversion into GBP, will that be what you would actually pay for postage or is that what you would be paying if you were in the usa? i'm a bit scared of buying from abroad, it all seems a bit unfamiliar!

have you got that website to hand piglet, i love buying fabric (in fact, my house is also full of all the bargain fabric i find in remnants bins. I just cant let go of the idea that i might some day get round to sewing a cushion cover out of it) [:I])

mag

Mag hun I always find it best just to email the seller first to double check their rates for postage to the uk and then you can roughly halve it to get the amount in pounds. I have never paid more than a fiver and often much much less ie $10 or less.

I am gonna look for that site now mate.

Love Pigletx

Mag start with www.equilter.com that will take you quite some looking through for now.

I got barbie fabric and made a few bags for one of my teenage piglets a few years ago, apparantly it was a bit hip to like barbie but only in a cool way not as I really do love barbie if you get my drift (which I don't)!

I also did some really funky flower fabric ones from here and I was gonna do a coke bottles fabric bag. Honestly the variety is utterly incredible.

I need to root out the other site but I'm certain this one will start you off!!!

Piglet x

Piglet, that site is great, i feel the need to make elvis print bags now (weird!)[^].

Well, i finished 2 clocks, i made them out of books so the book cover is the face of the clock, (if that makes sense!) - ive done a spiderman one (complete with hanging spider), and a 'clock of doom' with evil eyes[}]. Seeing as im feeling a bit smug about finishing them, i decided to post them on my msn space (working out how to do that took longer than making the clocks themselves [:I][Duh!]), along with a few of my other crafty projects, so if anyone is interested in taking a look, just pm me with your contact details and i can add you as a friend (if i can work out how). You can make any comments or suggestions, good or bad, i dont mind - my husband likes to call my crafting style 'avant garde' lol - i think he means crap and a bit weird!, but hey, i enjoy it !

I would love love love to see stuff other people have done, has anyone got any photos, i am dead nosey like that!

mag

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information