Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: CRAFT FORUM........

Mag you already have my msn address is that any use?

When I get time I will try and do some photos too.

The clocks sound wonderful!!!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi Piglet, i have added you to my ummm.... people who can see stuff list, i think (i'm not very 'up' on msn and how it all works). Have a go at looking at my msn space, and let me know if it works (or more likely, if it doesnt :().

mag

Hi everyone, hows the crafting ?
    On sunday I did a craft farye at the scout hall , for 3 hours and made £50 [Yeah!]

On Wednesday, I did a craft farye at the toning tables in the high street, and made £55 [Yeah!]

Then made £37 at the Library , which I collected .

Then sold £20 at my friends work.

Then today I am doing the school table top sale, dont know how much I will make there, but as well as my jewellery , I have made a LUCKY LOLLY stall, I basically have covered a box in wrapping paper, punctured 50 holes in it to put lollys in each hole. Then when they pull out a lolly if it has a coloured stick , then you win a prize (he he) my daughter is so looking forward to the lolly stall.

So It looks like , (for the first time ever) I have made at least £200 this week on my crafts - all because of xmas.

The bad news is, my washing machines broken down 3 days ago, we tried fixing it but it wont work...so looks like my £200 has gone already.......... grrrrrrrrrrr :(

mirryx

Wow mirry that's fantastic!!!

Piglet x

just got back from the school fayre, made £39.

Usually its just me there selling my jewellery but this year there were 5 other people selling jewellery [V] but I dont understand it. I was the only one who makes jewellery , everyone else were selling shop jewellery !

oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

But the good news is the lolly stall (which i did with my friend together) made £31 profit [Yeah!] ,expect next time they will all have lolly stalls too , LOL.

It really is about being different it seems.

mirryx

hi mirry, im glad u posted cos i love this thread and i didnt want it to just disappear into nowhere!

That's amazing making £200 from your crafts, you must be mega talented.

you have been very inspirational to me this week mirry with a couple of your posts. I go on www.craftster.org sometimes, it's a forum full of um..... unusual crafts (ok, weird). But anyway, someone there made 'fear monsters' - they are cute, felt monsters that protect you against your fears. So anyway, i was wondering if anyone had thought of making any anxiety based crafts? Like a Pam doll, that's not really as scary as she might seem?

I'm thinking about making a Ham (health anxiety monster) to carry around with me and stick a pin in when he gets out of hand, maybe he could have some little lumpy bits and some manky looking moles or something lol! Anyone got any other ideas? (ok, im not a 'traditional' crafter, i admit it lol!)

also, does anyone know if we could set up a little yahoo group or something to talk about crafts, get ideas, post piccies etc. - that would be nice, but i wouldnt know how to go about it.

mag

I like the idea of a pam doll, I imagine her to have a nice face on one side of her body and a scarey face on the other side (two faced).

Been creative with the kids today , decorating the tree.......
    thinking of wrapping up some sweets in shiney wrapping paper and tying to the tree with bows (they are alot cheaper than shop made ones).

Off to check out your link now..speak soon[^]

mirryx

What about good old salt dough you lot!!

You can make your dolls out of that if you wanted - years ago I made some really cute litte teddies from salt dough and one with a halo and wings for the top of my Xmas tree.

Also I made loads of star shapes out of salt dough (just looked like biscuits) remembering to put a hole through for my tie cord before baking them. Then I painted some red and some green and varnished them - they are still goin strong 8 years later.

I think it's about time it had a bit of a resurgance - so get your flour out!

You could even flock one Mag [:I]

Piglet xx

Hi all you nifty crafters,

I have just taken up knitting and I must say I am all thumbs. I am knitting myself a scarf for the winter. I have lovely blue yarn and I think my needles are too long. They are made of wood, is this common where you are? I hope someday to be in your league.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

hi guys!

If you are trying to sell stuff, have you looked at www.etsy.com. It's all for homemade stuff. I've never bought or sold anything there so i don't know how easy it is, but it might be better than ebay, cos people really go on ebay cos they want a bargain. If you were selling to other crafters or people that really love handmade stuff then at least they would appreciate the time and effort that goes into it all and they're looking for something unusual, not just cheap!

belle, let us know how the scarf goes (how long does it take to knit a scarf? - i've no idea[:I])

i might have to give the salt dough a try, my son made some lovely salt dough xmas dec's at nursery a few years ago, all covered in glitter, i love kids homemade stuff, but when we got them out the loft this year, they'd gone all soggy [Oops!]

i got another link too www.art-e-zine.co.uk the stuff on it is really artistic and amazing (makes me feel very embarassed about my own stuff). They have loads of fab vintage pictures you can use, and the ideas are fantastic - it is really inspirational (but a bit daunting :()

keep the ideas coming, im relying on you to sort out all my xmas craft dilemmas this year!

mag

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information