Thread: Read something accidentally

Read something accidentally

I was just reading the newspaper and inadvertently read an artical about a women who died of heart problems and her symptoms sound just like mine and now I'm worried again.

I've been feeling poorly all day, very weak legs, burning in chest, burning tummy, cramping, nauseous.

I just want all this to stop and leave me alone.

I was taking omoprazole as some of you will remember but I started to get tired and dizzy and read that could be a side effect so decided to stop taking them for a bit to see if it was what was causing it but now my stomach is dreadful again. It's all over though, up into my chest and down into my bowels.

I read something once, again by accident, that acid reducers mask the signs of heart problems.

I think there really isn't much hope for me of recovery from this fear :(

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Oh and now my paranoid mind is trying to tell me that it was fate I read the article. Like it's a warning or signal to me. Helllppppp!

Re: Read something accidentally

U will get over this fear or u will become stronger and able to rationalise ur thoughts, I no this because I did it, and I never thought I could, I was taking 5 diazepam a day to get me through, today and yesterday I have felt a funny pain in the too of my chest but it lasted seconds and went so I no it's not heart, hav u spoke to the dr about CBT counselling? Have u had any tests on ur heart to reassure u? X

I am currently waiting an ECG but have had them before and they've been ok.
    Have self referred for counselling so just waiting to hear on that but that will take a while. Just currently waiting for a mindfulness cd to come through the post.

Do you think it might be a good idea, to make an appointment with your Doctor as soon as possible. Explain about your anxiety symptoms, and that they are making you think the worst. It's not good for your mental well being to keep putting yourself through this.

Just because you read something it is not a sign that it's going to happen to you. You've already said that you worked in the garden for four hours this weekend so no wonder you are tired and aching. I'm pretty sure that most of your symptoms are down to extreme anxiety. Every time you feel anxious and panicky, adrenalin courses through your system, making you feel tired, shaky and ill.

As I've said before, try to accept all the feelings however bad they are, and please go to see your doctor, to help get this in to perspective.

Thread Information