Thread: Hard Lymphnode? Total Panic Mode.

Hard Lymphnode? Total Panic Mode.

So, I know that lymphnodes swell. Some are even palpable all the time. I have a few. They are small, soft and moveable. I have been getting over some serious sinus drainage and an infection for the past two weeks. I have two lymphnodes swollen around the right ear. One is shrinking but one has remained the same since I found it. This one feels hard, also pea sized and does not seem to move. I really don't want to assume the worst. Has anyone experienced a similar lymphnode?

Re: Hard Lymphnode? Total Panic Mode.

We've all had swollen lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are a hot topic on the boards for sure. It's totally normal to have them swell with a cold or sinus infection. If it doesn't resolve within a few weeks, a trip to the doctor would be in order. In the mean time stop poking and prodding them (you are aren't you!?).... It only irritates them and prolongs the swelling.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, I suppose it feeling different than the others is what worries me. But you're right. I need to set the panic and worry aside and just keep track of it. I've been doing really well not running to the doctor for every lump and bump. Why ruin a good streak?!

And of course I am poking and prodding. Amazing how irrational fear can overtake a rational mind. Thanks for the response!

I just went to the doc today with this worry. He told me that the swollen nodes they worry about are the ones that looks and feels like you have a testicle growing on your neck. So pea sized shouldnt be too big of a worry

Thread Information