Thread: The need to pee all the time

The need to pee all the time

Hi guys. The night before last I was having a panic attack of sorts about being dizzy. (Since then the dizziness has gone) however during that attack I was going to bed and after peeing and getting in bed I felt the need to go again (even though I didn't actually have to go). Then yesterday I was fine all day no problems, I went to work, came home, worked on some personal projects, but when I went to the bathroom I remembered what happened the previous night and after I went I immediately felt the need to go again. For the remainder of the evening I was distracted and only when I thought about it did I feel like I needed to go. This morning I woke up and since then I have had that uncomfortable feeling like I need to go all the time (feels like a bladder infection or something) and I just can't get rid of the feeling. Is this a normal symptom of anxiety? Has anyone else experienced this before with their anxiety? (Btw there is no pain when I pee, just that constant feeling of uncomfortableness, and my pee is clear)

Re: The need to pee all the time

While what you describe (see below from the "Symptoms" link), persistent issues should be checked by a medical professional.

Positive thoughts

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' - the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.
    This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.

Some remedies include ant-acids, diarrhea medication, relaxation and deep breathing.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: The need to pee all the time

Just wanted to update this to say that I just got back from going to emergency and I do have a bladder infection. Is it sad to say that I'm glad that for once it wasn't my anxiety!!

Thread Information