Thread: Fearing the immediate vs the suffering

Fearing the immediate vs the suffering

Hi guys and gals and good morning,

I want to start this post by saying these are my solely my thoughts and opinions and not meant to compare or offend anyone

Last night I took time to read a lot of posts on different ailments people say they are experiencing on here instead of just my usual posting looking for suggestions or only reading posts that "pertain" to me, what I found was that it made me really think about other views and outlooks.

Just like there are many many posts regarding the same fears I have of immediate death from heart attack, stroke, brain/aortic aneurysm, cardiac arrest, I found an equal amount of posts regarding serious yet often times treatable conditions such as cancer, ms, Parkinson's etc.

At first at to some extent still I say to myself why fear something that is treatable at least you will be alive with my fears I will be dead just like that, I would rather be alive and in pain than just gone without warning.

But then I stepped back and looked at it from a different point of view: just because your fears aren't like mine and I would rather have your fears doesn't mean your fears are stupid or not relevant they are YOUR fears and the ones I have are MY fears and you are probably sitting there saying "god I would rather just die then suffering every day with cancer or ms. One is not easier or harder then the other to deal with because they are OUR fears and that's what makes us so scared.

Hopefully this didn't offend anyone, I hope I and all of you suffering like me can slay our dragons soon.

Peace and love,
    Ryan

Re: Fearing the immediate vs the suffering

Beautiful post, Ryan.
    One of the greatest things to come from our journeys with "nervous illness" is the compassion it can bring.

Thank you for sharing love today!

Ryan,

Fear is fear regardless of the source. Thank you for a thoughtful and compassionate post. I would consider that a step in the right direction concerning recovery.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I noticed that too. Some of us fear an immediate death like heart attack and some, like myself fear cancer or ALS. I am afraid of the suffering and the knowledge of my death. It us interesting to see that we all have different fears.

See and my thinking is I would rather have time to say my goodbyes and put up a fight then leaving suddenly without that chance I know the suffering would be no fun walk in the park but at least I would be around to spend time with the ones I love and care about.

As you say it is interesting to hear the different outlooks

Thread Information