Thread: Mirt and IBS

Mirt and IBS

This may sort itself as I'm coming off M. And this thread may exist elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

Been on M for a year and a half/2 years now. Which is about as long as my IBS symptoms have lasted. It isn't fun, I take Imodium and Buscopan every day to ease the problem. I have to watch what I eat, for trigger ingredients (or what I think to be triggers) and my job is quite full on, so I have lots of meetings etc (makes it difficult to go and relieve myself at my own pace).

Also, I've been diagnosed with endometriosis (problems with my babymaker), which basically could mean I have painful growths anywhere in my abdomen (including the bowl), so I'm being sensible and preparing myself for the fact that coming off M won't sort the problem. However, I want to know if anyone on M has suffered the same IBS symptoms (the loose stool version, god knows I wish it was constipation).

Let me know guys. Give me some hope that I'm not going to need a painful operation on my plumbing!

Re: Mirt and IBS

SKaa,

I have had IBS for over 20 years & I haven't done anything about it (I am not sure if I can do something about it) when I used Mirt it kinda slew down things, but I never got rid of the issue. I am 9 days off Mirt & I have been suffering with multiple bowl movements that alternate between extra soft to diarrhea.

Good luck with your operation & keep us posted to how it went.

Thread Information