Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: low dose citalopram/so sic

low dose citalopram/so sic

I am on day 5 of citalopram and feel horrible..I am on a low liquid dose (very sensitive to meds)..The nausea is awful and now I am getting a bad headache, also very dizzy, some vertigo and my vision seems off..Anyone suffer with these side effects..I really need help. I have been housebound for over 1 year due to anxiety/panic/fear..The worst part is that I feel almost as bad at home..It is not 'attacks', it is a constant feeling of not being well, always dizzy (although it has tripled since on the meds), always have pain in my chest, my chest i tight, I feel spacey, like I am going to keel over. This is how I live everyday, so I really want these meds to work..I tried prozac for 6 weeks, no help...Since on the meds feeling really bad, also I feel like my body is ridget, especially my upper body, like I am super tense all the time and this headache and neck pain are really bad...what a mess. Help...thanks for listening..debbie

Re: low dose citalopram/so sic

the side effects are normal, i too suffered with . hang in there the first two weeks are the worse.

Thank you so much..I just can't believe I feel this sick on such a low dose.. I will hang on...I want this med to work so bad...thanks again..

Hey Debbie, what's your dose?

Side effects should pass, hang in there

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

I was put on 10mg two weeks and felt exactly the same, almost went to hospital! Stick with it it does get better

It is almost embarassing to tell you my dose..I am on .5ml which is not even 2mg..I am very med sensitive,so I am on the liquid form..My doc wants to get me to 5mg over the few weeks, and I may stay there..I am so glad this forum is here...

Me too, keep us posted there is always someone on hear to talk to, hang in there

5mg is enough for some people. I managed fine on 5mg - I had to quit it though because I had blurred vision and cognitive side effects whilst taking it.

I'm a first timer on any antidepressant. I'm on citalopram too. Like others have said, it does improve. I started on 10mg, then 15mg and now 20mg. The side effects are not pleasant but just about everyone on here says hang on in there! I had got to the point where I just knew I had to try something because, like you, I wasn't living my life. I am in week 5 now and starting to feel the old me coming back. The increased anxiety did come as a bit of a shock as I wasn't expecting it, despite what everyone said. I also think that because we suffer from anxiety anyway we do tend to focus on every sensation in our bodies. Try and keep busy, be kind to yourself and hopefully you'll soon start feeling better x

Hi Debbie
    This is my 3rd go on the citalopram roundabout and I'm finding it the hardest of them all to get back on! I was put straight onto 20 mg as they thought I could cope but my brain went into meltdown Thankfully saw my own Gp who put me back down to 10mg From previous experience the side effects do pass but playing the waiting game is very hard You will get through this and come out the other side Don't worry about strengths of medication we are all different that's why they make different strengths The most important thing is finding the right strength for you Hang in there and keep posting This is a great site and I have found strength from people here Hope this helps
    Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information