Thread: Scan

Scan

I've had an abdominal scan which includes kidneys & bladder, would dr been able to tell from that if I'd got a big ovarian cyst?

Re: Scan

Yes x

Maybrooke, I'm glad you managed to get a scan. Yes I'm pretty certain they would see an ovarian cyst, that's why I've been referred. I have mine on Tuesday x

It's a scan I had a few months ago, as it was an abdominal scan , but scanned kidneys & bladder, gallbladder, pancreas ,they didn't scan ovaries, but was thinking if I had a big cyst , would it be captured on scan? X

Quote Originally Posted by maybrooke View Post
    it was an abdominal scan
    Are the ovaries not part of the female abdominal anatomy?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know there are 2 types of ultrasound and I think the transvaginal one looks more closely at the lower region of a female body. Tho I would think the abdominal one can see it too x

The abdominal scan scans liver, gallbladder , pancreas, kidneys & bladder. The pelvis scan scans ur pelvis, ovaries ect, but not sure if the scan I had abdominal scan would catcher a cyst if I had one in the ovaries if it was a big cyst.

Quote Originally Posted by maybrooke View Post
    The abdominal scan scans liver, gallbladder , pancreas, kidneys & bladder. The pelvis scan scans ur pelvis, ovaries ect, but not sure if the scan I had abdominal scan would catcher a cyst if I had one in the ovaries if it was a big cyst.
    Best to contact your doctor and just ask. I would "assume" that would be the case just based on the location of the ovaries but I'm not medically qualified to answer that for sure.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If it's scanning your bladder and kidneys then I'd be amazed if it didn't pick up a large cyst. Not small ones, probably, but small ones don't usually cause symptoms and LOADS of women have a small cyst every so often. I'd have thought if it was big enough to cause symptoms it would be visible on any abdo scan.

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated x

Thread Information