Thread: Is it wise to change meds ???

Is it wise to change meds ???

hi all

I have recently been put back on cit which worked for me last time for anxiety although it took ages to get rid of the side effects it did work

Went to the drs today and explained i was having panic attacks which i havent had in ages and felt dizzy shaky and very anxious and he suggested i can to a low dose of Sertraline liquid
    I am already cutting the cit into 2.5mg as i know my side effects are bad and am affaid to just swap straight over without a break i have been on the cit for 8 days so didnt know whether to carry on on with it or try the Sertraline has any one done this before !!!

Re: Is it wise to change meds ???

Probably best to check with your doc if you're unsure. My GP surgery is pretty busy but they usually have telephone appointments at short notice.

Hi Lovely, I have just been the first 3 weeks of Citalopram and I absolutely feel your pain. I felt like very side effect there was, I got it. It was hell. But once I had come to about the day that you are on, I knew I was only about another 6 days away from the side effects subsuding and didn't want the last 8 days to have been for nothing. I know it feels like you will never get better and will never feel like yourself again, but I can promise you, you will. I remember feeling the sad/suicidal feelings which scared the crap out of me, and I thought, if these stick around after the 2 week period, Im out of here. But they didn't. However, if your suicidal feelings are overwhelming and out of control, I would see your doc about changing. Mine were mainly a fear that I was even thinking these thoughts.
    10-20mg is a starting therapeutic dose, so you may still have a way to go before you start feeling like yourself again, but I can promise you, the anxiety, and jitteryness will subside.
    Bec xx

Hi there I'm a longtime citalopram user and im now down to 15 mg from 40 mg it has taken 5 months so far cos im so scared of side effects I am going through a crap time even taking it slow going on.to duloxetine when I'm off cit it has helped.but been on it so long now 8 years blips coming more often good luck it's a help if you get past first few weeks

Thank you for your advice i have chosen to stick with the cit for a bit longer even though i have had a really rough day today really dont think changing meds at this stage would help into 2 week now feeling very anxious still and have nausea and was sick this morning feel really weak and have zero appitite hoping it will pass soon wish i never stopped taking it now

Thread Information