Thread: mental health assessment - scared

mental health assessment - scared

hi all
    I have my first ever mental health assessment on Tuesday and im petrified. I know im going to become an absolute wreck as I hate talking about myself as I feel like such a failure. To those of you who have had an assessment done what should I expect.

Re: mental health assessment - scared

Hi Paula it's not going to be as bad as you imagine,don't over think so much ,when I had my assessment it was a lovely gentleman who put me at ease ,yeah they do ask questions but it's nothing bad it's to get an idea of how best to treat you ,please don't get yourself worked up I was dreading mine honest nothing to it xx

Expect somebody there that is used to dealing with mental health and wants to help you.Write some questions down you want to ask in advance,you will be fine

hello
    thank you for replying. I know I am terrible for over thinking, my doctor has been saying for nearly a year that im in crisis but in 15 yrs of being mainly housebound because of my anxiety its the first time ive been referred to the mental health team. Im just so worried they will hospitalize me although i know im not a danger to anyone or myself. I have to know exactly whats going to happen from one day to the next - a bit of a control freak lol. Im crossing my fingers and everything else that I finally get the help I need and get my life back.

Quote Originally Posted by paula2876 View Post
    hello
    thank you for replying. I know I am terrible for over thinking, my doctor has been saying for nearly a year that im in crisis but in 15 yrs of being mainly housebound because of my anxiety its the first time ive been referred to the mental health team. Im just so worried they will hospitalize me although i know im not a danger to anyone or myself. I have to know exactly whats going to happen from one day to the next - a bit of a control freak lol. Im crossing my fingers and everything else that I finally get the help I need and get my life back.
    Paula the likeyhood of them putting you in hospital is very unlikely ,they are there to help you and as you said your not a danger to yourself or anyone ,it's about time you got some help 15 years is along time with no help accept the help you will be great I was good luck xx

Thread Information