Thread: new OCD recently - Existential OCD - any guidance please?

new OCD recently - Existential OCD - any guidance please?

Hi there every one,

I've posted on here before, I have previously had HOCD and POCD amongst others.

I lost someone close to me on Thursday and seemed ok that day but then the next I have had a strong existential ocd, just questioning every thing, how weird life is and humans are, and thinking every thing is pointless because we die in the end anyway.

Any advice is very much appreciated, I'm struggling to eat at the moment with constant anxiety in the stomach.

Any one experienced similar?

Re: new OCD recently - Existential OCD - any guidance please?

Hey, I just wanna say I experience this a lot. It's horrible! One of the worst. In terms of advice the best I can say is distraction, try and distract yourself and eventually it can go away x

Thanks mgw, and thanks for sharing, in a way feels better to know I'm not alone but of course I don't wish it on any one! How are you doing at the moment?

Omg I thought I was the only one. I get moments where I'm OK and than I get those thoughts that knot in my stomach and I get so sad so anxious so depressed like this feeling of doom. I am seeking God and I pray everyday he helps me get trough and be happy again

Hi curtispatr, I know how you feel My mind is like this almost all the time and it makes me feel more anxious and down.

It also makes my OCD worse. Sometimes I think what's the point of everything and knowing me and my family are all going to die one day makes me feel terrible

It helps to do something like a hobby or have a chat with a friend or family , maybe watch something on TV to cheer you up like a comedy.

Aside from distraction, I would recommend Mindfulness meditation which helps to break these thought chains and lessens a reaction to them. Have you tried this? Mindfulness has helped tremendously with my Magical Thinking OCD, voilent thoughts and other rituals.

Thread Information