Thread: Terrified of tomorrow.

Terrified of tomorrow.

Hi everyone. I am having a really tough time of things at the moment and am finding it hard to put things into perspective. I have suffered on and off with anxiety for years but since I got made redundant and had to take a new job my anxiety has gone through the roof. Last week was my first in charge of the store as the owner was on holiday and I feel like a total failure. They have really high targets ans last week was very quiet so we didn't take what we needed. Every morning I wake with palpitations, shaking and soaked in sweat. Tomorrow my boss is back and I am expecting the worst. I know I have a tendency to catastrophise but I am really scared, both of my physical symptoms and what will happen at work. I would really appreciate an opinion from someone outside the situation.

Re: Terrified of tomorrow.

I think you should give yourself a well deserved "pat on the back." It must have taken a lot of courage on your part to take charge. You couldn't control how many people came in the store and hopefully your boss will understand and appreciate your hard work.

BobbyDog

Hi Mrsh, you did brilliant and should be very proud of yourself it was a quiet week so your boss will understand

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
    ... Mark Twain

Thanks guys, as it happens it was ok but anxiety makes me catastrophise. It drives me crazy sometimes.

Thread Information