Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BDD male breast

I agree with Trac here chopper your post was a bit harsh,its the sort of thing that does affect self esteem.If it had been said to me I would have been really upset.

Ellen XX

I did meet a doc once, he wasnt too familier with Gynecomastia and could not tell whether it was just fat accumlation of gynecomastia. I guess its not BDD(probably, I dont know), since I actually have fat up there. (I feel a strage feeling, when I type this too, a feel of embr).

Its because of anxiety of other people seeing me when in a dorm. When its just me, I dont constantly worry about it, but do look at the mirror(sort of most days) and try to think whether it looks too much like breast or is it just on the borderline.

When I was in my 10th std, I was abused(I guess thats probably the right word, couldnt find a simpler term) by a few other kids in the class and that the reason(I think) for my anxiety. I have improved a great deal, to actually be able to use a Gym these days. I used to be worried people would laugh at me, because of (blah blah blah)

I used to avoid outings to places that had waterfalls or watersport, for fear I might have to be bare chested and people would embr me. Its the worst fear of mine.

So much more.... Now I have to go visit my fiance the next weekend and that has its own worries, which I feel a little ackwrd to explain clearly..

asdf

no the doc said yes it is gynm, but my prev post suggsts, i dnt wnno believ it. With exercise it is reducing....

asdf

Afternoon Mate,

I'm not an advocate of invasive surgery but it's not uncommon for men who have, even self-perceived, issues with their bodies to consider cosmetic surgery.

Among the most popular are, I believe, implants to the calves and pectorals.

But the gym work you're doing sounds like it's going well so persevere, and just think of the positive feeling exercise will bring.

Good luck.

Happiness and light to all,
    'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
    ’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
    Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
    Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
    But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
    I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Hi Heavymind

One of my son's has gynecomastia. He has always had enlarged male breasts, even as a small child. This has made it difficult for him, particularly through school, to participate in sport, especially swimming.

We have mentioned it to the doctor who insisted that if my son lost weight his male 'breasts' would diminish. This is not the case as my son duly lost weight only for this 'breasts' to look even larger. Gynecomastia can often be a result of excess glandular tissue, not simply 'fat'. We are now looking at surgery as he is finding it so upsetting. Be assured, gynecomastia is not a weight issue so if this has been diagnosed I'm afraid the gym or weight loss might be of little use.

Try not to focus too much on your bad points!!

Kay x

I wonder if it might be between BDD and actual. I had been on an outing and I was able to keep anxiety away and be calm while being with bare chest. Interestingly nobody was starring at me, nor the other friend with whom I had been on the outing make any comment. My brain must be over exaggerating

asdf

Well done!

Bare chested in December? Brrrrrrrh!![8D]

How's your gym work progressing? Training hard I hope?

Keep it going and by the time the Summer comes around again you'll be proud to show off those pecs.

Happiness and light to all,
    'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
    ’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
    Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
    Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
    But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
    I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Its summer where I am , I am not in UK presently. I used to be in UK a year back..

asdf

I was 92.6 kgs, now I am 86.8 kgs. Had been really regular with exercises. My height is 173 cms, which means I can be upto say 78-80. My "thing" has really reduced, but it still is big enough. In hindu weddings, men stand bare chested and my mind freezes when I am bare chested. Its the adrenaline. This morning it froze when I looked at myself on the mirror at the Gym. There is some 20-25 days for wedding. Its a big event in India, with more than 200-300 people attending. I dont want to risk surgery with such short time left. I have I think only one option, which is to hope I can handle my heavy-frozen-mind during the wedding.

Please advise.

asdf

When my mind is frozen, its hard as ice. It just comes to a complete halt, some kind of an internal block.
    I have eyes, but they cant see
    I have ears, but they cant hear
    I speak, but the words arent mine.

By not hear and not see, I meant, what I hear and what I see doesnt register, my mind is in a different world. It just cant think. Its stuck. It want to run away, if possible. The moment it runs aways, it starts slowly relaxing.

The effects are bad, it wastes major portion of my day...

asdf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information