Hi all

About 8 years ago, I was prescribed Propranolol 3 x 40mg a day. These helped a lot but I found I was always tired on them and some times dizzy.

I was told to wean myself off them last summer which I did, but then I developed an anxiety about blood pressure rising because id stopped them and this has slowly but surely spiralled out of control

I have GAD and recently felt the need to go back on Propranolol and the doctor told me to start taking them again which I have been for just over a week. At the moment I'm only taking one 40mg in the morning because that's when my anxiety is at it's worse. Racing mind more than anything, "what ifs" etc.

I find though after about an hour and half it slows me down way too much, very little energy and very tired all day, sometimes more anxious. About 4 hours later I'm perfectly fine, like a different person. And then the cycle starts again in the morning.

My question is, do you think it's best to stop the Propranolol, because I'm convinced they're not doing anything for me and try to calm myself in the morning (I haven't taken one yet this morning) or do you think I should carry on?

Thanks in advance