Thread: 30mg to 40 mg

30mg to 40 mg

If I increase how long before I will feel better?

Re: 30mg to 40 mg

Not sure, Cit is already in your system so at least you are not starting over

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

I think it's different for everyone, but when I increased my dose from 20 to 40, my intrusive thoughts & obsessive worrying/anxiety was much reduced within 24 hours.

My doctor kept telling me that it takes time for the Citalopram to work, but aside from the usual initial side effects, 20mg seemed to do nothing for me at all. Even after six weeks I still felt horribly depressed with constant tearfulness, obsessive worrying/anxiety & alarming intrusive thoughts about self harm.

Since 20mg just wasn't working at all, my doctor suggested I try 40mg before considering switching to another drug. I know it doesn't usually work so quickly, but for me the change was literally overnight which I assume was due to the drug already being in my system, just not at a high enough level. It was like the volume on the negative internal thoughts had suddenly been turned down, so even though they are still there, it is much easier to block them by just trying to keep myself distracted.

Three months later, there have been no further improvements over time & I am still badly depressed, but at least things are much more bearable. With the help of my doctor I am currently trying to find the right type of Psychotherapy for a better long term solution.

Hope things improve for you soon

My doc has asked me to take 60mg and I am to scared to do so,40mg did the trick for a few weeks then I was back to square one again.
    Anyone take 60mg and how was it ?

You need to give each dose increase at least a month to 6 weeks. Increasing is not always the answer as the side effects tend to increase with the dose increase. 60 MG would be very high and i believe they rarely prescribe that much due to health guidleines. it's tricky the drug only really works when you find the correct dose and unfortunately that can be trial and error

Quote Originally Posted by mollys View Post
    My doc has asked me to take 60mg and I am to scared to do so,40mg did the trick for a few weeks then I was back to square one again.
    Anyone take 60mg and how was it ?
    Hi Mollys, how long have you been on 40mg?

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

Thread Information