Thread: Progress

Progress

I've not been on the site for a couple of years due to being much better. I thought I'd post in case this offers hope to anyone currently in a dark place.

I have had 2 spells on Prozac - 3 months in summer 2010 and 18 months from Nov 2011 to May 2013.

The first bout was after being diagnosed with high blood pressure. Anxiety overtook me but within 3 weeks of starting Prozac I was functioning again. The second bout started after a dreadful 6 months when my father died followed by my father - in - law.

With the second bout the Prozac took much longer to work - about 10 weeks.

On both occasions any activity caused my pulse rate to be high, I wasn't eating, struggling to sleep, hated supermarkets. On the second occasion I struggled to leave the house.

I returned to work for the second time in January 2012 but did not want to stop taking fluoxetine as it kept me normal!

I finally did stop and despite a little blip following my yearly checkup (I hate going to the doctor's) I'm still feeling good.

I started going to the gym 3 times a week - nothing mad just regular brisk walking on the treadmill. I've been drinking cholesterol reducing drinks (it wasn't too high but came down from 5.2 to 4.5). I also realise my posture does not help with my aches and pains! Hunched over a keyboard or smartphone all day gives you "such a crick in the neck"!!

We all have different problems and no one solution fits all but i hope you find some encouragement from this post.
    Last edited by taketwo; 18-03-14 at 11:30.

Re: Progress

Hi taketwo,
    i remember you i am very happy with your improvment.
    I stoped Prozac for 3th time from 2011 and i think i made big mistake couse every time i stoped them after 3month same symptomes are back. Now i am in 4th time with prozac for 2 month 20 mg daily but this time i think improvment are taking longer but its not bad. GP told me to take bromazepam together with Prozac twice daily 1.5mg until 2th month but i refused. I am only with Prozac now.
    Thank you
    Last edited by linda84; 18-03-14 at 17:39.

Re: Progress

Sounds like you're coping well with the startup linda84.
    I felt out of it for the first month or so second time around.
    I then set myself small challenges eg walk to end of the road, go into supermarket. I also bought a Claire Weekes book and that helped.

Thread Information