Thread: obsession

obsession

Hella all

I am a new member and this is my first post. I have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember, im 46 now, but I have managed to keep under control and have a life. But over the last year I have been having really bad panic and obsessive symptoms. I have managed to control the panic with breathing exercises, but now the breathing exercises have become the problem I feel like I am thinking about breathing all the time and its driving me crazy !!! Doing any type of exercise is impossible and I am becoming more and more agorophobic. If anyone has any advice or ideas I would be very gratefull.

Love XXXXX

Hi,

Just didn't want you to be sitting here with no body replying.There are alot of us dealing with obsession on here..Mine is cardiac and vascular and obsessing about my heart.What i do is try to focus on somebody elses problem...Try to find something on here to reply to that you have some idea their problem or have dealt with it before and help them..or when you are obsessing about your breathing step on your toe to make you think about the pain of your toe instead of your breathing and if you are writing about being stuck at home.. the only way is to start going out a pacing yourself a little at the time. It says in dale carnagies book do the thing that you are afraid of and keep doing it.Well i do and somedays i have an easy time of it and other days I panic but i still do it..Just try baby steps ,baby steps everyday until you fulfil your goal of getting out and doing what you fear the most and if you fail try again.If none of this sounds good to you ..then (nevermind) lol..just didnt want you to feel as though nobody was replying to you . hope something here helps someway .. I know the feeling and you are not alone..

Thread Information