Thread: 'Sharp' sensations?

'Sharp' sensations?

Here's a new thing I've been getting that can be kind of freaky. You know when you're looking down from something high or you get the sudden feeling you're going to fall off a chair? Do you get that sort of sharp, sweaty sensation in your arms, feet and other places? It's not exactly a pain, more like the nerves are really cold and hot at the same time, or just sensitized. Well I've started getting that during panic, sort of focused under my arms. Feels weird and makes me worry about my heart, though I assume it's something to do with the sympathetic system or the vagus nerve. Anyone else get it when they get scared?

Re: 'Sharp' sensations?

Hi there

Yes I get those weird sensations and at the times it can feel like a constant pressure building up around my arm pits and into my head. Not quite a pain just an uncomfortable zapping sensation combined with hot/cold flushes!!!!!

Yes ! I get that too and have done for years before having a panic disorder. I actually think it's a bit like the hairs standing on end

I get weird waves of tingles and dull pain across my chest and left arm. A lot of tightness too.... Do ye suffer from this?

I get it to so that it actually feels like a burning at times with tightness and short of breath. Feels like something is stuck in the centre of my chest at times. Powerful things these nerves! x

Yeah, sharp prods or even finding a limb shooting out. All common to anxiety issues and the medications that treat them.

They can be prevalent more when you are suffering the worst of anxiety.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 27-03-14 at 04:59.

I am shocked that so many other people suffer from the same sensations. Look up or down, get dizziness, feel burning in shoulders with a hot rush of blood from neck down to pelvic area. Nausea and always the feeling this is it!!! Muscle tightness in arms but mostly my left because of it being my weaker side, tingling, etc. My mistake the last few nights was to whip out my blood pressure monitor and of course my BP was skyrocketed which added to anxiety. I pop a klonapin and moments later I feel reset. Last night I skipped the pill and went all night contemplating whether or not to go to ER.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Oh and by the way I can mountain bike 15 miles and not plop over so that must mean something food

Yeah Amanda I get that too. I keep getting this sharp, tight sensation in my chest and neck and getting afraid my heart will stop and I'll pass out or die.

Thread Information