Thread: Please help me - female cancer worry

Unhappy Please help me - female cancer worry

I've posted here before about my ongoing lower abdominal pains that are worse with ovulation and period (although they are present throughout the month to varying degrees). After trying lots of medication and an ovarian scan which showed one normal cyst on one ovary and couldn't see the other ovary properly as bowel was in the way, my dr referred me to the female GP in the practice. I had a full internal this morning including swabs. She said my cervix was slightly inflamed which is apparently common?? She also wants another full set of blood tests including the CA125. This is where I'm panicking big time. I know it can be high or low with and without cancer but I'm really scared now.

What if the scan, that didn't see the other ovarmiy properly was hiding ovarian cancer? She is referring me to gynae but it could take up to 3 months. She's mentioned it could be lots of things including endometriosis which I did suspect. But, the cancer fear won't leave me. She wasn't massively reassuring and, as her printer wasn't working for the blood forms, was getting flustered and wanted me out.

I've had the pains since June of last year and had the scan in early Nov. What if they missed something? I'm having the blood test next Wed as that's the earliest they can fit me in. I'm frightened and in pain and convinced I had something awful.

Please, anyone who's got words of wisdom or had similiar symptoms?

Re: Please help me - female cancer worry

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I appreciate the need to move this thread but there's hardly any traffic in this forum and no replies to this message. Oh well.

People will reply in time I am sure

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

How old are you? I a sure it's just a precaution doing that test. Some drs want to cross the t's and dot the i's. Perhaps you could ring her and ask her? Say it's left you worried. I have no experience but I read this....The reason is that blood levels of this protein can be increased in many different benign and malignant conditions. Ca125 they are talking about. See many benign conditions can cause it too cx

Thread Information