Thread: Heart attack anxiety :(

Heart attack anxiety :(

Hello everyone...here I am again.

The last three days I have been having heart attack anxiety. It all started Monday when I overheard someone talking about their father having a heart attack. Since then I have been having slight chest discomfort, almost like having to burping, left wrist tightness, and some pain in my left arm. I am just so nervous and afraid that this will lead to a heart attack. :(

Not to mention I am always able to feel my heart beat, I also believe it's going fast :(

Re: Heart attack anxiety :(

That is panic and anxiety. I'm having a panic attack right now and I can't hear my heart and boy is it fast! You are way too young for a heart attack!

If you concentrate on your right foot for 2 minutes, concentrate on nothing else but your right foot, it will start to feel strange. Tightness, tingly, shooting pains, just an awareness of your foot.

Can you see what I'm getting at here?
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Skippy....you're a genius!! I'm not being sarcastic. Was getting funny chest pains and arm pains which I know are anxiety. So started concentrating on my foot and totally forgot about my chest!!

It's a CBT technique

Skippy is so right. It works. Just try to change your focus of concentration.

It totally works. Albeit for a few minutes, but works nonetheless! I think I need to give cbt another shot ya know. Only tried it in a group setting, and didn't like telling everyone how I feel. That was two years back when I was in a different place emotionally. Now I know I'm not mental and HA is a recognised disorder, it doesn't seem so shameful. Do I make sense?

Thread Information