Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meds question

Meds question

So as you know I'm in a bad state of constant adrenalin. I don't wang to get myself into thinking that I've got an adrenal tumour or whatever so I just need some advice from those who know about medicines.

I am not prepared to try another ssri as I've tried two now with the same SE of heightened anxiety. I've come to the conclusion I'm not depressed and do I don't need my mood lifting, I'm just anxious and panicky.
    Diazepam doesn't seem to be working as well as I hoped it would.

So is there anything out that that stops the adrenalin? Anything that is calming that doesn't have nasty side effects like panic? That's safe for longer use than a week or so?

Re: Meds question

You could try asking your doc about beta-blockers. I take propranolol (reduced now from 80mg to 40 and some days only 20mg) and they have really reduced my anxiety. I was pescribed them mostly for bad palpitations...skipped beats and flutters as they are adrenalin blockers so they calm down your system. And betablockers can be taken on an 'as and when needed' basis which not all drugs can be. Every drug has some side effects but not everybody experiences them. Or you could go down the natural calming meds such as Rescue Remedy etc.

I have had asthma in the past so they're reluctant to prescribe. Also when I'm calm my HR is only 60bpm and bp is lower end of normal

Sorry a bit confused. The connection to betablockers and asthma I understand, but what is your point about heartrate and blood pressure being good when you're calm? That's a good thing right? If none of the pescribed drugs you mention are working for various reasons, try the natural remedies as they can be taken just when you are anxious.

Because the beta blocker reduces bp and hr and as they're most of the time ok when I'm not panicking I don't want it even lower?

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

I'm not sure the natural remedies would even touch my panic at the moment. They're for mild cases aren't they?

olanzapine

I've tried those rescue remedy capsules that you chew but they didn't really do much.
    Thanks for your input

I had diazepam once and they didnt do much for me either. I dont really know too much about different medicines to be honest but the usual anti depressants all take time to get into your system and often have side effects, which you know yourself. Maybe you could discuss this with your doctor who might be able to suggest something else for you. I am going down the natural remedies route myself. I have heard good things about magnesium so I am going to give it a go. Might be a waste of time but when you are desperate you'll try anything. I hope you find something that agrees with you.

Mrandy that's what I've just been reading about. That's the one that makes you put on weight? There seems to be mixed reviews of that one? Saw it worked for you though x

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Humly I can't understand why it isn't working for me as it did a few years ago and got me out of a terrible patch. It made me calm, not at all tense and it broke me out the cycle.

But would they stop the adrenalin? Are there any that are recommended? Do you mean like kalms?

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Morning is the absolute pits for me. Nighttime is usually fine but morning is a write off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information