Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Threads Being Deleted

Threads Being Deleted

I'm finding something quite confusing at the moment. I was just reading a thread started by Chris (CPE) and then poof, it was gone. This has happened to me several times lately.
    Is it a problem with the forum or are folks actually deleting their threads?
    All of the posts being deleted seem to revolve around someone not agreeing and then harsh words being said, and then deletion.
    Can people not understand that to disagree is normal? There is something to be learned from everyone's opinions. Chris has so much recovery and wonderful advice to offer and for people to make judgements on him is quite unfair, as he is judging no one.
    We are all at different stages of recovery. I try to learn something from everyone that posts. Whether it's what to do or what not to do. Maybe we should all take that attitude and allow people their opinions without vitriol.

Re: Threads Being Deleted

Hey Tanner I deleted it as contrary to some opinion my desire wasn't to offend people. Unfortunately that was an unintended outcome, so whilst I think some of the points in there were valid that the outcome of people getting upset was worse than the messages that were originally intended.

As for other deleted threads I have no idea.

Right - off not to worry about HA for a while and watch a very poor game of football in the rain.

It's just a shame, Chris. You have helped me so much in the past and people don't seem to be able to listen to a differing opinion. Enjoy your football today. I'm going to enjoy watching basketball.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

OOOH now I'm curious Chris! Which thread was that?.....

You should leave the thread up Chris and let people debate - I was about to answer on it as well lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was curious why you deleted this thread, although I had not posted on it, I thought it was a really good debate and something that is relevant to the forum. I don't think you offended anyone?

I also felt is was a very valid point and I back it 100% People will get offended and get their panties in a bunch over the type of bread you eat let alone a point on a forum. That's the nature of the beast.

I also agree that Chris is a positive and valuable member who has offered very sound advice concerning recovery. I too am sad the post was deleted.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

WHAT THREAD?.......... please tell me....I am SO nosey

CPE deleted his own post. I don't get it. No one else can have an opinion? If you believe what you wrote why delete it? This is such a waste of time. I didn't say anything offensive just stating how I felt. Instead of all this drama shouldn't the focus be on people that are posting for help?

For goodness sake - you can't do right for doing wrong.

I will keep this brief as I am standing in the rain in Accrington and plan to attempt to enjoy a game of lower league football.

I deleted the post for two very specific reasons:

1) a poster told me they were finding the debate unhelpful and offensive. When that happens the point of the post is lost and any debate becomes futile.

2) various posts had become a discussion challenging my integrity and suggesting that I was judging and being critical. I found myself defending a point of view. Posts became personal and in honesty I don't need the hassle.

I stand by the spirit of what I wrote - I just don't care enough about it to spend my time justifying it. I also don't think that any positive sentiment is worth causing others offence whether I believe the offence is justified or not.

I am here to try and help people. Six months ago I barely wanted to leave the house. I remember telling my therapist that my definition of success was when I stopped spending 90% of every day thinking about my health and replaced it with 10%. Not perfect but something I could live with. I am on that path now and whilst I have had setbacks and will continue to, my life has changed dramatically and that has been underpinned by effort and a plan. If anything I have learned helps anyone then great.

If what I say doesn't resonate then ignore it and leave me alone. I don't need to spend my time justifying a view which frankly has helped me move from being a very miserable person and a largely useless dad and husband to where I am today which on balance isn't too bad.

Rant over , but can we just leave this largely futile debate alone now as this is verging on inappropriate and becoming quite personal and targeted.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information