Thread: Feeling sad it never ends does it! Possible trigger for some 😞

Feeling sad it never ends does it! Possible trigger for some 😞

So the last few weeks have been hard my neighbour told me about a girl in tbe next street that had been poorly she was 28 and been diagnosed termily I'll with cancer she sadly passed away 2 weeks ago in the proceed had her 29th birthday so she had tests and was told they couldn't find anything so it was missed and had spread threw out her body I became obsessed with this my OCD really kicked in to the point of needing to no about her funeral and went out my house to see her last journey I'm ashamed to admit that really am I just don't no why she had to small children and got married 4 days before she passed her mum put her wedding photos on fb my heart sank for her I felt totally emotional for her so because of my troubles with my stomach hiatus hernia stomach acid ibd I can't stop thinking I got it and it's spreading I spent the night googling looking to see about MRI scans I feel so hopeless I hate the word it makes me obsess does anyone else do this or is it just me being a freak please reply if you have a little input or advise x

Re: Feeling sad it never ends does it! Possible trigger for some 😞

That is very very sad. You have to remember that these things are extremely rare. But, yes I think we all do this. I think most people will think about their own mortality when they hear someone their own age passing away. Those of us that have HA take it a step farther. Just try to remember that you are not her. Her death as terribly sad as it is, has nothing to do with your health.

I agree with rose eve here. Its very very rare what happened to that young lady, and you don't know the ins and outs of it, she may have had other things wrong too. I also agree that when someone passes away, it makes us question our own mortality. Its common not just with anxiety sufferers, we just tend to dwell on it more. Hope you feel better soon, and remember you're not alone. xx

Thank-you roseeve cancer is a big thing and we all no time is of essence I just feel terrible that illness scares me truly it's everywhere you go all you ever hear I no it's not thank-The Lord I just can't help but obsess :( x

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Thank-you Lisa my father passed away 10 months ago and I haven't come to terms at all with this so questioning our own mortality I no about I'm just a mess to be honest and this has set the fear of in me again x

This is exactly what i am scared about.

It is rare as others have said. You see cases like this in the media, but you have to remember that bad news always travels fast and gets the front page.

I also think you need to consider something else. You felt empathy & compassion for these people. Thats not a bad thing, thats a normal human reaction.

For the OCD, you need to challenge these thoughts or accept them. You need to prove to yourself that nothing changes in the world right now and tomorrow if you don't follow through with a ritual. Obsessions & rituals are built around trying to control or pre-empt some form of change that you perceive as bad. Challenge them, don't do them and consider whether anything actually happened.

Also, give yourself a break. You have OCD and you can get into patterns but it's nothing more than that. You can choose to break those patterns again and again. Wobbles are lessons.

Try Mindfulness meditation. It can help detach your mind and calm you down. Do it when you feel these thoughts are coming. Distract yourself.

Thread Information