Thread: lump in throat arghhh!

lump in throat arghhh!

hi everyone,
    i posted in oct here first time..well, i made it through all my exams...goodness knows how! lol...and finished this year of university 3 weeks ago...i still get woozy sometimes.. but have been making myself get out of the house in the day.. and have even managed to go out at night.. tho i always run home within an hour...but still proud i made it out at all.. i have even signed up for the gym two weeks ago!!! i have been walking on the treadmill.. and still have feelings of woosyiness and fear to run home and fear im gonna pass out..but i have stayed and finished my 20 min walk. thing is, i STILL have stupid lump in throat..i went back to doc recently and she said it will go away with time since uni ended..but if it continues then go back and have the camera thingie...just the thought of it scares me!!! she felt my neck and looked down my throat, and said she saw nothing, and felt nothing there...
    lump has gone down a bit..and i have read here that there are others of you who have had it for months too...im really trying to stay calm, but just the thought it might be throat cancer scares the crap outta me. eating is great, cause the lump disapears then...and its not there when i wake up...i worry im going to choke and that talking irriatates it,so now im hardly talking at all...its also dry sometimes...sorry to vent like this..just want to know im not alone..thank you all for your support!!! i want my life back so much!!!! i look at ppl in the street and get jelous that they can just enjoy thier day....wish i could too...trying hard to stop googling..but fall in its jaws from time to time..even tho doc warned me to stay away from it..lol

Congrats on being done!

Sounds like anxiety to me.. especially if it isn't there when you first wake up. It also sounds like you're going through a lot.. trust me, I understand. I'm in the midst of an "I have brain cancer" time, even though my doctor was so certain it wasn't brain cancer, that he wouldn't even order a CT scan for me. It's horrible when it consumes your every thought (well mine does anyway, haha.) It's preventing me from living the life I want to be living right now. Anyway, good luck to you.. try to take it easy and your symptoms should improve.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

so great to hear from ppl in here! thank you so much!!!
    i had the fear of brain tumor thing once too, but if your doc is confidant, you gotta beleive them..they can do simple eye tests etc that will let them know if its a problem...i think im the same as you in the regard that when im on the way to the doc, im panic stricken...after i leave the doc, i am so happy with their response..that im on cloud 9 for like 2 days... then after that, i submerge back into my 'well, what if therye wrong?what if they missed something?' and trying to rerun the whole event in m y head.. to remeber HOW certain they seemed with thier response.....i do trust my doc....she saved my stepdads life..so i know shes knows what shes talking about..i just gotta keep reminding myself that..good news tho, lump has subsided..just left with sore throat today...
    and remains of where lump was..lol..but i wonder if it is because i havet really spoken in like 2 days!! so lucky i can 'talk' on here..lol..
    and praying lump wont come back..at least for a while...would love to give my throat some time off...(then the fear hits again...what if cancer lump feeling comes and goes? did i read somewhere that it does?)
    sucking on throat soothers is helping a bit but the menthol has given me a toungue ulcer!!!, dont let the hope its not a sign of hiv come into my head!!! im souding crazy now..well, thats how i feel sometimes..ughhh!!!

Hi peach, I'm having a bit of a 'lump in throat' time myself too at the moment. It first appeared now and then a few weeks ago then began to be there every single day. I obviously immedately thought 'this is throat cancer'. It felt like the lump you get with emotion. Horrid uncomfortable feeling which I'm now getting on and off daily. I've felt less anxious this week than of late but still this thing is there.

My doc couldn't see or feel anything to worry about either. I'm a big Googler when it comes to symptoms (who isn't) and one thing I've found on virtually every site I've looked at is that if you can eat fine it's very unlikely to be something more sinister. When it's aggravated by trying to eat things and your food chokes you and sticks that's a sign you need to be thinking about getting it checked out more thoroughly. Like you mine is eased by eating and drinking, it goes completely. It's reassured me quite a bit that the likelihood of being something scary is very very small if your eating and drinking is fine.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, feels like lump in throat and it's sore, not when I swallow but constant.

Like you all say, it's goes when I eat or drink and as it gets later in the evening, it also settles then (must be the brain tired and can not be bothered to worry.

Red

Thread Information