Thread: How long to feel benefit after a dose increase??

How long to feel benefit after a dose increase??

I've been upped from Mirtazapine 30mg to 45mg. I was on mirtazapine 30mg for just over 8 weeks and despite it having some positive effect...it wasn't enough, so was upped to 45mg. I've been on my 45mg dose for 6 days now and I've had the most 'normal' days I've ever had in 6 whole months. I went out last night as it was my sisters 21st birthday meal and I had 2 glasses of wine- had no effect on me last night or this morning, but noticed a slight increase in my anxious feelings...is this just because of the alcohol..or something I should expect in first week of upping a dose? I guess I'm just wondering how long it should be before an increase is working at it's full potential. Thanks in advance.

Re: How long to feel benefit after a dose increase??

Usually takes from 2-3 weeks and sometimes up to a month. Alcohol definitely gets the anxiety going. I tapered off drinking recently and noticed when I do have wine or beer now I get a panic episode within a span of 2 days. I now hesitate when taking that sip.

Re: How long to feel benefit after a dose increase??

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information