Thread: Terrified of abdominal aortic aneurysm (again)

Terrified of abdominal aortic aneurysm (again)

My inflammatory markers are normally okay (occasionally slightly raised white blood cells which apparently can be from stress) but I'm still afraid I have inflamed arteries or veins cos I get low fevers and weird stuff. Been to hospital like 100 times. Have pain today in my lower back and upper stomach with occasional sudden shearing pain. Terrified it's an aneurysm and it might burst any minute. I'm 22 btw. So scared all the time

Re: Terrified of abdominal aortic aneurysm (again)

Aw mate
    dont be scared.....im sure if the docs have checked you out youre just fine
    I get lots of odd shooting pains and then realise i just need to relax......sometimes you dont realise you are sitting awkwardly or tensing your body up until you consciously think about it.
    Wish I could say something to put your mind at rest.....

I had this same fear last summer. Read about it in the daily mail!

I'm also 22 btw. My doctor wet himself laughing when I explained what I thought I had. The typical aortic aneurysm patient is a 60yo + man who smokes.

Its so unbelievably rare under this age, it is practically beyond impossible to have one at our age. Seriously. Honest, I lost sleep over this I stayed up all night waiting for this aneuysm to burst. I now feel like a total ****! (The aneurysm has moved to my brain now lol)

You'd be a medical phenomenon, honestly.x

Thanks!

Yeah roxy90, I've had the brain fear too cos I started getting vision stuff in my left eye. My thing is that I worry I have a vascular condition that makes *all* kinds of aneurysms more likely O-o

Quote Originally Posted by roxy90 View Post
    I had this same fear last summer. Read about it in the daily mail!

I'm also 22 btw. My doctor wet himself laughing when I explained what I thought I had. The typical aortic aneurysm patient is a 60yo + man who smokes.

Its so unbelievably rare under this age, it is practically beyond impossible to have one at our age. Seriously. Honest, I lost sleep over this I stayed up all night waiting for this aneuysm to burst. I now feel like a total ****! (The aneurysm has moved to my brain now lol)

You'd be a medical phenomenon, honestly.x

Always ever diagnosis is white male age 60 years old with high blood pressure that smokes.. ughh.. so sick of this.. guess we are doomed to die off but think that is exactly what most of society wants anyway .. oh well ..

Thread Information