Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is all this irrational?

Is all this irrational?

Ok so everyone knows I have massive heart fears.
    In the morning when I wake up my bp is normal. Usually around 120/69.
    As soon as I stand up my bp and hr shoot up. For instance this morning I got out slowly to the kids and went back to bed and it was 128/116 and hr was over 100!
    My legs started to feel weak and wobbly and I felt a pain in the left side of my chest on the side.
    Is this normal phenomena for bp or is that just way too high? The top figure is normal but bottom is going really high and I worry that indicates a problem.
    I've had numerous ecgs which have shown nothing until last one was left axis deviation. While I was assured the ECG was normal and this can be a normal finding, its never been on my ECG before so I'm worried it means something is developing and they are ignoring it.
    I have to admit I've been worried over the whole kurtis thing. I knew it would bother me. He's poorly and was ignored through normal tests. Before he was diagnosed my worry was I was having coronary artery spasms.
    They can be brought on by stress apparently.
    Finally I've got it into my head last night my cholesterol is sky high and I have blockages. This being because I had gallstones very young indeed and these are made up of cholesterol. So if I had those then maybe the cholesteol has now collected in my arteries and I'm at massive risk.
    I know my thoughts are spiralling but I have shortness on breath on mild exertion, I get tightness just going up the stairs.
    I'm mid thirties so I'm heading towards 40 when these things start to become more if a problem.
    I know artery spasms and narrowing a aren't picked up on standard tests so I just don't know where to turn next :(

Re: Is all this irrational?

Hi. I admit that I know nothing about blood pressure and hearts to be honest I just wanted to show some support for you. I know what its like to be overwhelmed with fear. What does your doctor say about all this? Is he/she aware of just how terrified you are and how its affecting your life. Would they perhaps refer you to a cardiologist to get an expert opinion and then maybe that would put your mind at rest. Take care. Hope you feel better soon x

I've told them I was that worried I was considering paying privately and they still ignored it and brushed it off as anxiety.
    My father has type 2 diabetes so is on statins, bp med etc so that increases my risk too.

I also keep getting pains in the side of my head in the left. Only left. Worried its narrowing of the arteries to my brain. I've had the test for temporal arteritis and that was normal but I'm not sure that rules anything else out.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

I think the trouble the drs have with us is when we present with symptoms that could be anxiety symptoms as well they diagnose anxiety.
    I was incredibly young to have gallstones which were missed so I'm concerned for my health again now.
    My legs also get tired easily and ache all the time. Leg symptoms are also in the list I saw.
    Then of course there are a couple of tiny brown lines on my nails....

You have had tests that show everything is fine. Havibg had gall stones does not make you more at risk of heart problems. I had my gall bladder removedyears ago. After resting over night and suddenly moving about your heart rate will increase. Your bp sounds fine.

I was in my early twenties when I had gallstones. They are made up of cholesterol.
    I really am such a worry wort.
    I've only had ECG in recent years and that won't pick all that up :(

A blood test would pick up high cholestarol. Have you had it checked?

These things can all be anxiety symptoms

No they won't do anything Annie :(

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Ah I know they can Phuzilla. Rationally I know that. But they can also be other things and my mind still hasn't quite grasped it.

I had my cholesterol checked at the chemist. I had gall stones but have always had low cholesterol. It is not the same thing and having gall stones does not mean your cholesterol will be high. What you really need support with is your anxieties about this so you can learn not to focus on it so much. My husband had high cholesterol and has had 2 heart attacks but he works full time and is probably fitter than me :-) It is really not worth worrying about. Keep a healthy diet and exercise regulary and enjoy life.

I know, be kind to yourself, have a nice day in the sunshine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information