Thread: Bladder cancer

Bladder cancer

Any experts on bladder cancer out there? I have just paid privately for a well woman check and no problems were detected. I have a slight pelvic pain - or more irritation that seems to be linked to my water works. I'm always aware of it.

Re: Bladder cancer

Could be you have an over active bladder, its quite common and is not a dangerous problem but can get you down.
    Are you drinking enough fluids, I mean non caffeine drinks as in water to flush it through.
    I am told that cranberry juice cannot cure cystitis but can help bladder to feel calmer, also anxiety can cause these symptoms.

Hey, How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I once had this fear when I was about 28/29 I started with feeling a small lump in that rejoin which was obviously a small hernia from all the working out that I was doing at that time.

BUT after noticing this lump and worrying I had a tightness that went from hip to hip with aching and my bladder felt butterflies constantly, I ended up going to the toilet every 30 mins at least.

I was utterly convinced I had bladder cancer, so I went to an out of hours dr one evening and he did a urine sample which found BLOOD!!!! that made me even worst....it was nothing by the way it never showed up again in about 6 repeat urine samples and eventually I forgot all about it.

Bladder Cancer age is more like 65-70, with many symptoms, my best guess is you will have anxiety + Cystitis IF anything!

Cranberry by the way is acidic and irritates the bladder more, try drinking Robinson's Barley Water (lemon) you will most likely feel far more comfortable.

Hope I was of some help.

Thank you for your replies. I'm 35 and just can't work out if this is anxiety or not. What's made it worse is a friend just told me she knew someone who died of bladder cancer recently and it's completely freaked me out. I was already treated for a urine infection with trimethoprim (I think) and while I was taking it the symptoms went away but then they said the lab said I didn't have an infection after all and the symptoms returned. I also treated myself for thrush just in case and again while treatment was taking place I thought I was better but now I've finished I think they are back. I say think because they are so slight but even slight is enough to start me off on the road to hysteria :-(

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

I don't drink enough at all. Sometimes I go all the way through the day until the evening and realised I've only had a tiny sip of water in the morning but that makes me worry I could have caused bladder cancer?

My dad had bladder cancer. Discovered it when he started to see blood in his pee.
    made a full recovery.

You wont cause cancer through not drinking, you will however cause dehydration and because of that your urine will sit around longer inside your bladder and have more time to collect and grow bacteria which leads to infections.

I am assuming you are female? because it is also pretty common in females to get Cystitis that is not caused by infections, if you go to the chemist any time take a look for the sachets of drinks that ease symptoms.

But in my opinion drink more and aim for around 2L per day and make sure its either water or barley water it will help honest!

For reassurance sake, the labs would have discovered blood or more if you had cancer, 90/100 blood is caused by infections of the bladder or kidney problems but cancer does cause this. yours was clear.

Don't worry!

Actually cranberry juice does help irritable bladder even though it is slightly acidic, as I said doesn't help UTIs.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    PS my friend had bladder cancer and is all clear now and her symptoms were nothing like yours x

Quote Originally Posted by Hetty80 View Post
    Any experts on bladder cancer out there? I have just paid privately for a well woman check and no problems were detected. I have a slight pelvic pain - or more irritation that seems to be linked to my water works. I'm always aware of it.
    So if no problems were detected, that would include indicators for anything sinister. Being hyper aware of niggles is common for HA. Common sense indicates staying well hydrated and cranberry juice is great for the "waterworks".

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you everybody, I think I will up my intake of fluids and monitor x

My mil had it. A wee sample had blood in it. She had treatment of something injected into her bladder for 6 weeks and all cured. I am sure u are fine x

Thread Information