Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help..but don't scare me......

Please help..but don't scare me......

Hi
    Had my appointment with Pychiatrist today..went ok and re comfirmed that I had severe anxiety & panic disorder...
    BUT... he wants to change my meds and Im terrified.....
    \ive been on/off Seroxat (i know its not popular but has helped me in the past)..
    He's says Seroxat is the right drug for my condition but as have moved from 10mg to 30 its high and he wants to change me to Cymbalta which is ok in itself as its a new drug with great reviews..but IM TERRIFIED of changing expecially with the onset of Xmas...Im to sart reducing seroxat and increasing Cymbalta week by week...but im scared of side affects..also it means im going to be off work longer...Can anyone help with this...any experieces would be soooooooo appreciated thanks for your time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mooks, I weaned off one med and gradually introduced another. I had no side effects whatsoever. I never read the leaflets on side effects, my motto is "I'll know if I get a side effect". If we read the leaflets we tend to "invent" symptoms or get symptoms which mirror the ones in the leaflet, especially health anxiety sufferers.

Lots of people are anxious about taking or switching their meds, but the experts are telling us to do this and the odds of getting side effects are minimal. I did suffer from a bit of insomnia, but it got rid of my panic attacks and chest pains so I was relieved! If you have any problems you can always go and see your GP for reassurance.

Don;t worry mate, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Les

I know you are scared,I hate changing meds.But you wont know until you try pet.Take a day at a time.
    love

Ellen XX

Thanks guys...I am resisting the dreaded Google and asking members here for their experiences in order to help me...Im so scared about it...I know seroaxat is terrible for the side affects ...so bound to worry...xxx

Mooks, is it possible to delay the start of the change in meds till after Christmas...just a thought. You then don't have any extra streses duiring that period and new start in the new year.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

IIan I would love to wait till after Xmas...but then that means more time off work in Jan and anxiety then starts about that ..been off 2 months already....God ots a vicious cycle...
    I guess Im looking for peeps experiences to make me feel more at ease.....
    Perhaps I should wait till after Xmas...god I feel really sick....dreadful illness..was starting to feel better as well

hi Mooks
    me again LOL[^]ive had my meds changed from betablockers to prozac to venflaxine off venflaxine for 3months then i was ill again so back on venflaxine again a right old medication merrygoround you might say,dont worry about side effects and dont read the accompanying leaflets i throw mine in the bin you will be fine and you will get better,ive been ill on and off for years and i must be getting used to it as manage to cope a lot better now with each blip i suffer and you will too im sure
    take care Mick

Tablet advice line - useful!!!

If you are still worrying about it and want futher advice tomorrow then you could ring the tablet advice line in the above post for extra reassurance.

I think the number may have changed but Lucy has provided this at the end of the thread.

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

thanks piglet....your a total star pls stay xxx
    anyone post your experiences...save me from the dreaded google lol
    It terrifies me ive been anxious all day...

yes please stay away from the dreaded google ive weaned myself off many times and had no probs im sure you will do fine with this ...try not to worry and i wish ya the best................Linda[8D]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information