Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Series of good days and then a series on bad days...

Series of good days and then a series on bad days...

I was on 30mg for about 9weeks before upping to 45mg...I felt fantastic for the first few days of the 45mg..not fantastic as in 'high' but just calm and normal.. I'm now a week in and starting to feel a bit anxious again. I seem to follow a pattern where I have a good 3-5days and then I have 3-5bad days... It's almost as though I have such a normal, good set of days that suddenly my anxiety goes ' oh you've forgotten about me...'' and then it seeps back in. I'm really hoping that in a few more weeks once I've been on 45mg for a bit longer that this will stop- I know I'm capable of good days, but it just seems to be like a right carry on at the moment. Too early to be expecting 100% results from an increase? Any advice/support really welcomed xx

Re: Series of good days and then a series on bad days...

I think it is normal to have better days and blips where we feel not so good. I too have had better patches and it is as though I begin to question where the anxiety has gone, which sort of invites its back.
    Good days breed good days and the same with bad ones - sort of a snowball effect.
    My guess would be that if the Ad.s are really working fully, we should not be questioning where the anxiety has gone but instead living our lives looking forward with a sense of optimism.

I just feel like even though I push through and try to get on with my life...it's still always lurking there. You hear of people that say 'this antidepressant literally wiped my anxiety' and I'm here like 'it's still there'...I always feel it creep in too.. it normally creeps in on an evening and then stays with me for a few days. It's starting to upset me in itself with having these constant regular blips...I can understand a bad day...but it's like becoming a pattern at the moment :(

Yeah, I am similar. I know no Ad is a miracle pill but if it working properly I need to feel better than I do.
    I need to focus on CBT stuff too but find it hard.

I haven't had 1 doctor even suggest CBT. I didn't even know what it was until I researched it myself. I'm hoping to change doctor surgerys soon and will see if theres a chance I could go on the probable never ending waiting list!

I think the worst part of my anxiety isn't that I feel anxious but more that I don't feel like me. I feel like I should be enjoying life and enjoying my 3year old son but I'm just struggling along the best I can.

I think we need to hang in there to see how upping to 45 effects us.
    Challenge that anxiety and not get too disheartened when we have bad days. Better days will follow and we must believe that in time better days will become the norm again for us.

Yes I suppose you're right...a week isn't very long at all. I need to have hope that it will get better!

Remember loads of us are feeling the same right now and even more have felt this way and got over it.
    We can't put a timescale on our recoveries and it might not all be plain sailing but we will improve I have no doubt x

Is there a big difference between the the 15mg and the 30mg?I'm also on venlafaxine.thanks anyone.

I wouldn't know, as my starting dose was 30mg, but generally I think 30mg is the dose at which it starts to be therapeutic... I think 15mg and lower is more beneficial for sleep...BUT some people get by perfectly on 15mg for anxiety I think it differs from person to person. I slept well on both 30mg and still sleeping well on 45mg xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information