Thread: Anyone on cbt what are your weekly targets like ?

Anyone on cbt what are your weekly targets like ?

I suffer with high anxiety and im trying to get my Independence back, im on Citalopram 20mg

I have been standing outside certain points, each week going further than the last (away from my house). While out there im not allowed my water bottle which is my safety behaviour and i cant play on my phone. Usually around 20-30 mins a time

Re: Anyone on cbt what are your weekly targets like ?

Each week was different for me, one week was to write a diary so my therapist understood my anxiety and thoughts better, then the following weeks were subject specific i.e. the OCD experiment. It was difficult at times but very well worth it.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Mine revolve around positive thinking. I struggle and always rush to a doomsday scenario for certain situations, normally those that are new in my life. Also I do some breathing mindfulness stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by danbryn View Post
    I suffer with high anxiety and im trying to get my Independence back, im on Citalopram 20mg

I have been standing outside certain points, each week going further than the last (away from my house). While out there im not allowed my water bottle which is my safety behaviour and i cant play on my phone. Usually around 20-30 mins a time
    Hello,

I am on beta-blockers and had CBT for three weeks - I have tried exercises and gradually, find myself getting better but its going to be a slow process.

My problem was that I felt constricted when I put my clothes on and my safety blanket is putting my hand near my chest as I have had a fear about inhalation and issues with my chest.

This is down to, I think, a very stressful situation at work which has caused me to have very negative thoughts - I had even contemplated suicide and thoughts of it, but thankfully, it never got beyond that and realised over time that its something minor in the grand scheme of things.

Just today I sent a letter to work to tell them that there needs to be an end to it all now and have offered a settlement or resignation option. Had enough.
    Don't plan to work out my notice, either.

Its important when doing CBT exercises to only do what you feel comfortable doing and build upon it as and when you feel ready to face it. Good Luck!

Mine varied. Some weeks it would be homework and others it would be types of exposure.

It wasn't very effective for me in some areas but I have found that I started to use CBT after my sessions ended in starting to tackle the issues I struggled with whilst still having the sessions. It just sort of started unconsciously.

Have you spent time identifying your fears/triggers, setting activities to challenge them, a severity/difficulty level and established an order to do them in?

When I had CBT one to one, after a few weeks I got told to stop writing down notes as I listed about 80 types of cancers I worried about if I had them with a lot of diseases as well. I also got told to try and go for a walk each day. I did have work sheets but kept going back to cancer, how many times I checked myself etc.

I did have a tape recording to try but was not very good.

I now attend a group session for anxiety which is much better, but still fear a lot of worrying about my health, wanting to go to GP every day, want every test doing etc.

Thread Information