Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I tried this too

I tried this too

Hiya,

I tried hypnotherapy and it helped for a wee bit. I however got anxious about listening to my tapes(typical of me) and no longer listen.

One day I will go back to it though

Lucky

Lucky
    I always get anxious when listening to relaxation tapes,seem to find it scary "letting go" and relaxing full! Still. will keep trying!
    Kate x

i was scraed that the hyptonist would take away all my anxiety and i would really to something dangerous as i would have no danger signal!!

I got anxious that he was telling me to do things I didnt want to do subliminally......

me too twister. I was afraid he would phone me and say 'sleep' and make me do mad things (even though he never said 'sleep' in our sessions!!!
    Oh god i wonder what a psychiatrist would make of that one!!

Luc
    Luck

In my tape he tells you to 'sleep - but not a sleep of dreams, a sleep where you are hearing my voice' that freaked me out and i thought 'I certainly wont sleep'[:0]

Do you listen to your tapes anymore twister??

I was thinking of giving mine another go

Love
    Lucky

Don't confuse stage hypnosis with Hypnotherapy.

You do not get to the point where you cannot remember what you are doing - trust me!

You are just very relaxed and calm. They even tell you that you don't need to listen to what they are saying cos they are talking to your sub-concious mind. I remember planning the evening meal and what Xmas pressies I was buying everyone whilst having hypnotherapy. My mind just wondered off - but that is quite normal.

It is a lovely feeling and gave me chance to sit still and quiet for an hour.

So don't be worried about it - try a relaxation tape first - it is basically the same thing!

Nicola

Have you tried self-hypnosis? Thatw ay you can be in control of what is being said because it is your voice you are listening to. Try your local library - they may have a book that has the scripts in it. you read them, recording your voice on a tape, and listen back to it.

You're more in control and you can practice it whenever you want. Plus it's free except the cost of the tapes. Might be worth you trying it.

Take care,
    Scott

Sorry i think I misunderstood. Seems you've already tried it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information