Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paying for the NHS??

Re: Paying for the NHS??

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie1989 View Post
    They're was an article about foreigners coming over to the UK only to exploit our free health care. I support a membership could stop that, but I'd imagine it would cost more to set up then the savings made.
    All official statistics disprove so-called health tourism. Immigrants are significantly less likely to use the NHS than those who are born in the UK (because they're overwhelmingly of working age, so they are a lot healthier than our ageing population). The main reason for migration to the UK from less developed countries is to find work and most immigrants have work before they even come here (ironically it's often in the NHS).

It would also be against a doctor's hippocratic oath - quite rightly - to refuse treatment to someone who needed it, so I hope that this levy would not mean that immigrants new to the country are refused treatment.

I also hope non-payment of the levy due to serious mental health problems, drug abuse, homelessness or poverty would not count against someone who needed treatment.
    Last edited by harasgenster; 31-03-14 at 20:36.

Start this type of thread here in the US and it would be akin to starting a nuclear war! ~lol~

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Start this type of thread here in the US and it would be akin to starting a nuclear war! ~lol~

Positive thoughts
    Haha! I actually thought about that earlier Strange how different our cultures can be sometimes, although there are definitely demographics within Britain who would be appalled at the idea of welfare.

No, I dont agree with it at all. I would only considerate this at the point where our tax system was working properly and our politicians werent skimming.

How much unpaid corporation tax did we lose in the 5 years?

Its always amusing when a former political figure, now lord declares a greater tax on the lower income sector.

I agree with Terry. Whatever will they be asking us to towards next??

I agree, MyNameIsTerry and Magic. I remember whilst doing my nursing we were discussing about the history of the NHS. It's intention was completely free healthcare for all, then when it became too costly dental examinations and treatment, optical examinations, glasses, wigs and prescriptions all had to be charged (subject to your situation of course) to reduce to burden of the debt. If we all have to pay £10 for a monthly NHS membership (isn't that what National Insurance is?) then will we have to start paying for doctor's appointments, ambulance service, x-rays, food in hospitals etc? One day it will no longer be the NHS but just HS.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

This is the only country I know where we take whatever they give us. Britain and America are dumbed down with fake reality t.v shows eg ; the only way is essex , jersey shore , geordie shore , that's only a few. They have shows like x factor to make us all feel connected by voting etc when we clearly know it's all fixed , it's so obvious , music isn't what it used to be because god forbid you speak some truth. Music is aimed at keeping us and our children at the lower frequency levels of consciousness but we're to stupid to see or fight because we're dead brain with fluoride in water and toothpaste

What confuses me though, is why does Scotland get more from the NHS for free than England and Wales (sorry not sure about N.Ireland) do, and don't have to pay for perscriptions and eye tests etc....isn't it all supposed to be the same system? I know other parts of western europe pay a little more from their salaries then we do with our NI and they generally speaking have a better quality health service.

Dave - I think you're going off tangent there.

I Still Believe - I have no idea and I think it's unfair. We have to pay £9k a year to go to uni whilst it's free tuition in Scotland. Takes the mickey a bit.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Yes Rennie. How unfair is that? I remember when my girls went to college and uni. We were asked about our finances and we paid something towards their fees.
    My eldest got a job cleaning at six a clock in the morning before lectures at one college, and we helped out with extras.
    I just don't understand!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information