Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

Hi All,

I have not been on this site for a few years as my anxiety is largely under control, not had a panic attack since 2011.

Any how, i still get anxious now and then, especially at work if i am stacked and tired. As i say i can deal with this but i get little sudden jolts where i feel like i can't breath for about 3 seconds then it goes, these are annoying. I don't fear these, just wondering how common these are with everything else. I barely get these, but when i do it's a reminder of the illness.

I am getting married this month and my anxiety is social in nature, so standing at the altor and giving a speech later in the day are obviously a concern for me. So the last thing i want is a little jolt of panic when all eyes are on me.

Re: Quick Question

It sounds like the premarital nerves are kicking in.

I'm the same, I no longer fear or care for the symptoms of anxiety but breathlessness does make it's appearance from time to time. But don't beat yourself up about it, once the wedding has been and gone you probably won't notice them again. Don't see it as a reminder that your ill but maybe a hint to slow down a bit.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

If it doesnt progress further you dont feel anxious afterwards and its not occurring more often, I would say you have it under control.

All people experience anxiety which is brought on by stress so may thats all you are really getting, its just to have the memories of an anxiety disorder.

Do you get it when you aren't stressed?

yes just when stressed, it seems to come on more when i am tired, i go through bouts where i can barely stay awake at work, but i am guessing that still a lingering symptom from anxiety.

The problem we have when we've recovered from severe anxiety is that we don't want any anxiety at all, but thats not realistic as its part of life, and we will react to our stresses the way that we should be reacting to it, the way everybody would....especially to a heavy workload and an up coming marriage. Dare I say its normal to feel like this when stressed sometimes

Congrats on your marriage and have a fab day!

ISB

Thread Information