Thread: Scared about heart :(

Scared about heart :(

Well today started with the inevitable weak heartbeat feeling straight away when I woke up. Get a feeling like its only doing one beat (should beat dum-dum, mine feels like just a dum). Felt extremely dizzy and had quite a few palpitations. Started bringing up thick white phlegm, almost thick like glue, and some bits were tinged with pink (assuming blood as hadeng eating anything that it could be). Went to check my pulse on left wrist and couldn't feel anything, put my hand on my chest and again could feel nothing. First time this has happened. Cue panic attack!! Huge panic attack lasting about half an hour to the point I nealy passed out. Mum was sitting next to me but nothing could calm me down. Have spent the rest of the day lying on my bed terrified with my mobile next to me just waiting for me to dial 999. Haven't done so yet! I'm absolutely terrified and getting worse every day. I am now adamant there is some major heart problem that the docs are missing, but if I go to docs or hospital I know the first word will be anxiety. I looked up mitral valve prolapse and am convinced I have a valve problem now as it can only be detected by an echocardiogram which I haven't had. Don't know what to do, got so many air bubbles in throat I can barely breathe.

Re: Scared about heart :(

It sounds to me like you have a lot of issues going on with your stomach. The Vegus nerve goes straight through there and into the heart which is why people complain of palpitations with indigestion.
    Have you been to see your dr? Are you on any medication?

Hi mummyanxious, yeah I am in regular contact with my doctor. He was off today so going to try and get an appointment tomorrow. I am on loads of medication. Lansoprazole and domperidon for reflux, propranolol betablocker, olanzapine, mirtazapine and venlofaxine for anxiety/depression. The beta blocker doesn't even get rid of the weird heart feelings like they used to.

I don't know much but that is a heck of a lot of medication all going on at once there. Can they do you a med review?

The doc on Friday said they will try and ween me off some soon. Problem is I get used to a medication then they take me off it and start me on a new one. Hard to know if I am just getting side effects, if its the anxiety, or if something is majorly wrong

So you take three meds for anxiety? Wowsers. But they don't seem to be working. If be inclined to scrap the lot and start again! But seriously, the combos don't seem to be working for you so I hope they can find a solution x

Thanks I have literally just started the olanzapine and venlofaxine for about 2 days so need to give them time to kick in. They say you will always feel worse when starting the new medication. Problem is I get put on one for a couple of weeks, feel like crap, start to feel bit better and then get took off them lol x

Well hopefully they'll sort you out if you've only just started on them.
    I found my stomach problems increased when I tried sertraline as well so might be the same for yours.

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

But now you've described all that then a lot of your symptoms seem typical of a start up on an antidepressant. So hopefully its just that. Good luck x

Thread Information