Thread: Anxiety High - Mammogram Call Back

Unhappy Anxiety High - Mammogram Call Back

Hi all!! So, my anxiety is through the rough right now. I had a mammogram last Friday and they called me on Monday to come back for diagnostic films and an ultra sound. Ugh - I am sooooo worried. And what isn't helping matters is my friend (since childhood) was just diagnosed with breast cancer and is having surgery on Monday. I called and made an apt for Friday - I don't want to wait too long or I will drive myself nuts with worry!! Anyone else been through this?

Re: Anxiety High - Mammogram Call Back

Hi Barb

I know what you're going through being in the middle of a scare myself. Try to stay calm, if they have seen something on the mammogram that looks anything different to last time then they will recall you. If its something innocent, which is the most likely scenario, they can't tell by mammogram alone, they can see more on ultrasound but even then they may want to do a needle biopsy so don't panic if they offer this too. It's really the only way to confirm things.

It may even be just that the images they took on the mammogram were not very clear and they just want a more detailed look. Remember lots of people are recalled and the majority will not have anything wrong.

Sorry you are going through this, I know how horrible it is. You've done the right thing by getting an appointment as soon as possible so you will know soon enough if there is any problem.

Wishing you the best for Friday.

Lin x

Re: Anxiety High - Mammogram Call Back

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information