Thread: 1 week of venlafaxine

Cool 1 week of venlafaxine

So, it has been one full week on venlafaxine (75mg). I would not dare to say, but I think I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. My mind feels more clear than what it has been in more than a month. I don't feel so tense, stressed and faint. I feel rather normal occasionally.

Not sure if it's the venlafaxine kicking so soon or is it just the oxazepam making me feel better. I am taking 15mg in the morning and then try to get through the day with that. Although last weekend with the same or higher doze of oxazepam and just started venlafaxine I was feeling much worse.

Is it possible to feel the benefits of SSRI medication this soon, or is there something else going on? I read that the therapeutic effect should come somewhere around 3-4 weeks of use.

Well, tomorrow is the last day at work this week and if it still feels like this, I am going to try to skip the oxazepam on Saturday and see where it goes from there.

Re: 1 week of venlafaxine

Hi, Dan 76!
    I know the ups and downs can be vexing, don't give up! When I first started on ven, I myself had a very good day perhaps just 2 or 3 days in. Feeling positive and just really good. Next came more side effects and I was sad that the good day hadn't continued, so I came online and that's when I found the thread started by Pinkdove when she switched onto ven. The exact same thing happened to her: a good day or two straight away, then a return of symptoms ... then it settled and she got well!! I took heart from that and all the encouraging posts from other members, and now I am over the hump of the start-up side effects and doing really well too I have to tell you that I think it is a very good sign that you had a good day in your first week, not everyone gets that, but it seems to follow that if you hang in there and give it time to fully take effect, ven may be your solution too! I went back and read your first post, and I think it's interesting that it seems your anxiety symptoms are mostly felt physically. That's me too, and so I suppose it makes sense that that was the bulk of how my side effects were felt. Tense muscles, weakness and fuzzy headedness. Between weeks 3 and 4, my mind cleared and my body became much more relaxed again, and now I am feeling fine. So hang in there, and do give it the full 2 months to fully take hold and see how you are doing. You may want to stick with it. I know I will be! And yes, it may be time to come off the benzos, they can become addictive :( It's probably a good idea to cut one in half if that's possible and take that on Saturday if you get too anxious? Good luck, you are doing great, keep us posted!
    Marie
    Last edited by SADnomore; 03-04-14 at 16:16. Reason: typo

Re: 1 week of venlafaxine

Thanks Marie and congrats for feeling better!

I am rather motivated to try this out because without medication my life got totally off the track. I hope next weeks will go fine and I can say same words as you before it's June.

The benzos are making me a bit worried too, but I have taken a small doze only and not very long time, so I should still be clear. It still seems that now that it's 12 hours since my pill in the morning, anxiety starts to creep up in my head. So I feel that I need those in order to go to work. But weekend I will try without.

Thread Information