Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting to wonder if this mirtizapine is making me more depressed!

Starting to wonder if this mirtizapine is making me more depressed!

I started on 30mg and I thought it was helping at first but now I'm on 45mg and have been for 12days and I don't feel any better or different...in fact I'm starting to become more disheartened and low because it just feels never ending. I'm going to give it s bit longer as I do have good days and right now its my time of the month which doesn't help. I'm hoping it will still get better because I really can't stay like this if I don't improve more. I just feel really low like someone's holding me down and won't let me enjoy life or be happy. I originally was diagnosed with generalised anxiety but I'm unsure of its anxiety or depression I'm struggling with as they both go hand in hand. :(

Re: Starting to wonder if this mirtizapine is making me more depressed!

Hi
    I sympathize. I've been on 30 for 3 days and am waiting for them to bed in.Perhaps the monthly thing is playing a part.I can't blame that for anything! Hopefully we'll both start getting some good results soon.Sending a hug meanwhile x

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Hi
    I sympathize. I've been on 30 for 3 days and am waiting for them to bed in.Perhaps the monthly thing is playing a part.I can't blame that for anything! Hopefully we'll both start getting some good results soon.Sending a hug meanwhile x

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Hi

Thanks hun. I never used to get so bad at my time of the month..it's only since my little breakdown but it just seems to throw me off again each month. Just when I think I'm good, I end up having bad days again. I haven't noticed any real change on the 45mg dose yet either :/ xx

That's the way I am at the moment,felt much better yesterday.I think going to the drs tonight and talking about it with him has pulled me down a bit.Hopefully its that.Do you find that when you go to discuss how you're getting on? We can keep each other going if you want.Hormones can play a massive part on there things so hopefully its that for you.

I had booked a doctors appointment for today, but I booked it ages ago when I was still on the 30mg as a review to get my next prescription...so I cancelled it this morning as the doctor doesn't really want to see me for another few weeks yet for the review of the 45mg. I guess thinking about going to the doctors to discuss my concerns shook me a bit too..and then once I cancelled it...I thought ''ohhh should I have done that? or should I have gone to say im not feeling too great''

It's a nightmare trying to get an appointment these days...you have to book like 3weeks in advance unless it's an emergency...and if it's an emergency appointment you're garunteed to get a rubbish doctor!!

I do think a lot of my depression & anxiety is situational too...I've just lost quite a few of who I thought were 'good friends' and my son is 3years old and just started nursery, so I kind of feel a bit lost with what to do with my life...all of this and that I'm quite upset and traumatised by how poorly I got last year, it's just all proving quite a lot to come back from xxxx

Sorry you're feeling like this,and with a little one to look after.Getting an appt is ridiculous, I said it was urgent and turned up the other day,he didn't mind.You're at a point in your life now when you have a bit more time,which is nice,but can seem a bit daunting,but I'm sure you'll make new friends soon.Sorry this reply has took ages but I'm new to all this and I've wiped the last 2 messages out by mistake!! Xx

Lol that's okay Yes, I'm a bit stuck I think and the too much time on my hands is not helping the anxiety....but equally my mood is pretty low still, sometimes it feels like it's holding me down... hoping I just need a few more weeks for my increase to be working.. it's been 12days at 45mg and some people have said it takes a month!

I think what you say about being traumatized by not being well is very true about me also.You take a knock to your confidence when you're not well,and you have to build it up again.But come on,we can do it! I've heard that these meds can take up to 6weeks or so to do their stuff so let's think that's what's going to happen.I may end up going on 45grm too soon so I may be joining you.xx

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

I've only been on the 30mg for 3 days so I'm expecting a bit much yet.Its hard to be patient when you just want to get better....but we will.xx

I just worry that the 45mg isn't working either...my doc made it very clear last time that he isn't prepared to prescribe me higher..I know some doctors prescribe 60mg if they think beneficial although it's not normally advised. I'm just hoping that perhaps in another 2 weeks I will be feeling better as I've noticed no change from 30-45mg so far. I hope you feel better soon too xx

Thanks hun,you too.I'm the same with the "what if this doesn't do it" type thoughts,but that's just part of how we are at the moment and there's every reason to hope that we'll both be feeling improved soon Take care,and we'll keep in touch OK?xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information