Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: havent exercised in years...

havent exercised in years...

Hi all...

I went spinning last night, I havent done any form of exercise in about 5 years haha!!

I almost passed out after 5 mins but I still managed to do the whole 45 mins!! I was tired sweaty and out of breath and I ached something rotton..

I woke up this morning and felt amazing must have done me some good. But this afternoon I feel weird, I cant even describe it. Im not sure if I feel out of breath, ive had to take a few deep breaths to make myself feel better, I keep checking my heart beat to see if thats ok and I feel like I have pressure in my ears...

Please dont laugh but could I have overworked my heart and something gonna happen to me... im workinh myself all up over it :(

Re: havent exercised in years...

Congrats on taking a positive step with exercise. It's very, very unlikely you damaged your heart by exercising.

Keep in mind what's called DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). It's a very common thing that after exercising you'll feel great but within 24-48 hours, your muscles and body will feel what you did.

Don't let it stop you from continuing. Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Its not that ive damaged my heart its more that im worried I have an underlying heart problem and exercising is going to make it worse and my heart will stop whilst I exercise??

I just felt like I had to do somethong to get abit healthier so I can feel better about myself
    X

Quote Originally Posted by bingjam View Post
    Its not that ive damaged my heart its more that im worried I have an underlying heart problem and exercising is going to make it worse and my heart will stop whilst I exercise??

I just felt like I had to do somethong to get abit healthier so I can feel better about myself
    X
    If you have any concerns, address them with a doctor. I still believe if there was an issue, you wouldn't have made it through 45 minutes.

You're doing a good thing. Exercise is very beneficial in fighting anxiety and a great stress reliever.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You can't be that out of shape if you managed 45 minutes at a spinning class!

Thanks for the replies...

But I really am unfit.. I really really really struggled doing it, I went there thinking I can do it easily and boy was I wrong... I guess your right though, if there was something wrong inprobs wouldnt have been able to manage doing as much as I did.

It's pretty common to feel weird several hours or the next day after exercise when you haven't done it for a while and suffer from anxiety. This is a massive problem for me (involving hospital visits) that I haven't got to the bottom of yet, but I suspect it's something to do with a reaction to lactic acid.

In any case, as long as you work at a comfortable rate and don't push too hard you'll be fine.

And I agree, if there was something wrong with your heart there would be no way you'd have made it 45 minutes.

It's still worth getting a check up at the GP though, which is recommended when you start a new exercise regime.

What's spinning? ?

I wouldn't have gone into such an intense workout straight away tbh but each to their own that's very brave. You'll probably hurt like hell tomorrow though like FMP says. It usually takes 48 hours to show up with me. I think the next day yay I got away with it and then bam the day after....

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

YouTube spinning class Phuzilla! Phew! Makes me out of breath just watching.

I think the reason I stopped exorcising was because I was worried about my heart in all fairness..

Ive got throught two natural child births one only being 7 months ago so I guess if I had a heart problem it would have been picked up right???

Amd puezella youtube spinning classes and youll see what they are...

I think I just needed reassurance.

Im going again on tuesday too!!
    X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information