Thread: Doubleing the dose of venlafaxine someone get in touch im so scared :-(

Doubleing the dose of venlafaxine someone get in touch im so scared :-(

Hi ive been on 75mg venlafaxine for nearly 2 weeks been back to the docs and hes told me i have to double the dose :-(( That means 1 75mg tablet in the morning and another at night!!

Im so scared about this, its seems like such a high dose...will i even be able to function with this amount? I already feel so tired :-((

Is there anyone else taking this or even more?

Please someone get in touch

Thank you

xxx

Re: Doubleing the dose of venlafaxine someone get in touch im so scared :-(

Hi Kim,

I take 150 mg of venlafaxine daily and I feel fine, no real side effects just a bit constipated. I also take pregabalin and quetiapine for anxiety/depression and these medications are really helping me and I am feeling so much better.

Try not to worry about your medication, your doctor knows what is safe to prescribe. I hope you will start to feel better really soon.

J xxxx

Hiya Thank you for getting back too me :-) im constipated too....and i feel so bloated :-( is there anything i can do about this? ive been eating my veg and fruit but thats not helping :-(! i seem to have gained weight aswell!!
    xx

Hi Kim,

Try to have some bran cereal for breakfast, really boring but add some fruit and a banana, also try to only eat brown bread and try to avoid stodgy while at all costs. Try to drink plenty of water as well. I have also gained weight, but I lost over a stone last year when I was first ill, so not too much of a problem, and actually being a bit constipated and made me much more careful with what I eat, so I think I will probably be healthier in the end. At any rate I would rather have a bit of constipation than be how I was last year.

Good luck and I hope you will soon be feeling better.

J xxx

Hiya!

Okay ill try and eat something like that for breakfast but to be honest i never really have much of an appetite for breakfast! I do only eat brown bread and drink lots!

Thank you for you advice!! My anxiety has been through the roof today :-((( im mentally exhausted!!

Sending hugs xx

hi kim if you feel its too high a jump ask your gp if you can do 75mg and 37 mg for a week or so just to get used to the increase

i take ven as well and have been on 150mg but i went up by 37mg at a time and was fine

good luck with it i have had no real problems with this med and its the best one i have been on xx

Kim22, I have been on 300mg a day for the past 10 years.
    You are on a low dose that in reality probably does nothing for you. Really there is nothing to fear, I promise.

Lol! Just goes to show we are all different! Some here have found 37.5 adequate, even though we usually get ramped up fairly quickly. My doc has left me at 75, and I'm doing well! I still get constipated, even after a month. So I have used a senna (natural) laxative when needed, and then prune juice and a few dried prunes daily when I can get by with those. Good luck, don't give up! Good drug ... xx

Thread Information