Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline with Propanolol?

Sertraline with Propanolol?

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder a couple of months ago and prescribed propanolol to ease the symptoms (I really struggle with physical symptoms and was finding it really difficult to function). However things kind of escalated to the point where I was having really horrible intrusive thoughts etc. so I've been prescribed sertraline.

My GP didn't say to stop taking propanolol when he prescribed my new meds, but I was really worried about taking too many tablets as this is the first time I've been on ADs so I stopped taking it. I've been on sertraline a week today but am really struggling with panic symptoms - can I take the two meds together? Would anyone advise against it?

Thanks

Re: Sertraline with Propanolol?

On the forum we can only really share our own experiences of any adverse reactions with meds, as everybody reacts in different ways. The best thing is to call your surgery and ask somebody there, or like I did when first pescribed thyroxine and already taking propranolol I asked the pharmacist who was brilliant and reassured me loads

Okay, thank you! I'm seeing my doctor again next week so I'll just ask him then

Ring 111 and ask them, they will give you good advice and you can get back on track and feel relaxed again.

Isn't 111 an nhs emergency number? Not sure they'd appreciate a call just asking about meds, when any pharmacist anywhere would know. Its their job to know, or a nurse at the GP surgery...no need to wait a week to ask, just call them anytime.

Hi I'm on both you can take them together ,I have took them for quite awhile now ,my gp told me take them together you be fine if your worried ask your gp but they are okay together x.

I take them both together and my doctor said it is perfectly normal.

No 111 is not for just emergency health calls, it is also a help line for any one needing advice.
    NHS direct no longer exists as this is basically the replacement number, 999 is still the one to dial for emergency care.
    Hope you are feeling better today.

Okay, thanks a lot for your help everyone! I'll give my GP a quick ask just to be sure. I guess I'm a bit worried about taking too much stuff and not focusing on resolving things in my brain - but I guess meds will help me to find that easier

Also, AlexandriaUK - really like your signature. Trying to say that kind of thing to myself but the irrational half (more like three quarters haha) of my mind isn't having any of it!

hello can I ask you a quick question, I have just been put on Lustral, and I am getting a few side effects, one in particular when I wake up I get this terrible feeling in my stomach, the Dr gave me propranolol 40mg 2 times daily, do you have any advice please? I just hoping that these side effects clear soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information