Thread: The anxiety is creeping back... due to the media

The anxiety is creeping back... due to the media

Hi All,

Well I am getting married in 11 days - rather exciting!
    However this news about Peaches Geldof has really frightened me and has started trigger the anxiety and my general fear of death...

I don't think its something I can avoid in my life but its really freaking me out :( I also think that I will make it to my wedding and then I will die..

I know there's no way of knowing what will happen etc but just needed a bit of support from you guys...

Re: The anxiety is creeping back... due to the media

Hi fedup

I think what has happened to this poor lass and her family has upset a lot of us on here today. It's our worst nightmare - she was very young with a young family and, as of yet, I don't think they know just exactly what happened to her (we don't watch telly so I don't know).

Congratulations on your wedding ! If you are anything like I was, I was climbing the bloomin' walls 11 days before - it's a very stressful time in itself so that can't be helping your anxiety at the moment.

Try and concentrate on your big day and all of the lovely memories you'll be making for yourself to enjoy for *years* to come The day will go by in a flash so savour every minute that you can.

Much love

Lisa x

The weeks before my wedding I was a mess. However for some reason the week before calm descended on me. It was bizzare. However on the day I could not feel my arms or legs as I walked down the aisle. I must have been that tense. Afterwards I felt sick as a dog. The day after I felt like I'd been run over by a bus because of the amount of adrenalin that must have been pumping through me.
    Could you try some kalms or perhaps get a few diazapam or something from the dr so you're not a bag of nerves?

I do events as a job so the wedding isn't stressing me out to much...
    However I am just worried about this whole sudden death thing :( Its triggered off people in my office talking about people they know who have died suddenly which really hasn't helped.. :(

People do that. They won't know that's a trigger for you. If you can get up and walk away I would so you don't have to listen to it.
    I was at a spa with friends and they all started taking about cancer. I couldn't escape. Of course they knew nothing, just carried on.

Thread Information