Thread: No more hope, I'm done..

No more hope, I'm done..

Hi Guys,

It's been so rough for me, and just when I thought I was getting better, they got worse! I'm currently on my 2nd day of 20 mg of cipralex, after being in 10mg for 18 days!! Things started to get better, but the Dr recommend 20mg as my anxiety was very bad!! I'm starting to have existential thoughts, which I'm too tired to fight and try overcome, they've gotten the best of me. I'm at the point where I don't know what to do, I'm too tired to do anything and just feel like passing out. I honestly feel like crying!! I don't know what is wrong and at the moment I'm hopeless, life will never be the same, I'll never be normal. I feel like nothing will help me, and I just accept that this is how I must live my life and I'll never believe that life is real and people are real and not actors, as that's what it feels like!!!!! It feels like in alone, and on the verge it insanity. I'm lost and trapped in my thoughts which at the moment seem all too real! The funny thing is I have "physical" symptoms, I do get heart palpitations though, it's more like a spaced out, unreal, alone, depressed, scared, and emotional feeling !!

Please help me!!!

Re: No more hope, I'm done..

I would get straight back to docs and tell them how bad you’re feeling. I was put on 20 mg straight of the bat and thought i had disappeared into some twilight zone that i could not escape. As I v heard on here some people get relief from 5mg. This "20mg therapeutic dose" is an arbitrary term. You said you were making progress on 10mg maybe that’s something that you’re doc need to hear.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi If it's any help for you I feel the same for quite a long time. I'm on citalopram for more than a month now and see no improvements- actually I think I'm getting worse. Depressed, crying, no energy, existential thoughts, detached from my body, derealised , hopeless, nothing is real and I'm not real. So I think we are in similar situation right now. I can't really help you but maybe the thought that someone else is going through the same will help.

I think if things were starting to get better on 10mg, maybe you should have been kept on that to see how you progress. Or by getting better, do you mean that you had got over the 10mg side effects so were only back to where you were before you started them?

The side effects can vary by anti depressant and by person but they can be mild to very unpleasant, of which you seem to have the latter.

It will change, they will stop, but it's just your reaction to them. If it;s really too much to stand, speak to your doctor because they could reduce the dose, taper more gradually between 10mg-20mg, change anti depressants or even provide some temporary relief alongside this dose with something else.

Honestly, I now how you feel, I've been there. I had to take a hypnotic, Zopiclone, just to get sleep on Citalopram. I had me in tears after a few days at 20mg and thats something I don't do. I didn't have this same emotional response when I went onto Duloxetine, a SRNI as opposed to SSRI, so maybe it's something those do?

Thread Information