Thread: Asymmetric Tonsils

Asymmetric Tonsils

I suffer from Chronic Tonsillitis my whole life but recently I started looking more and more at my Tonsils and they look very very Asymmetric(I dont know if they have been like this always )(.When I look at my right Tonsil it looks all lumpy and it is quite small while my left one is much bigger and has some red cut lines all over it(almost like veins).I went to an ENT and he said that is normal and that we humans are not perfectly symmetrical.Could it be that I have HPV in my Tonsils? I tested negative for it but I keep googling it and I am very teriffied of getting Tonsil Cancer in the future.There are times when my Tonsil hurts but there are times when I feel fine so I dont know if it has to do something with stress or anxiety.Anyone else with similar experiences?

Re: Asymmetric Tonsils

Tonsils are like any gland that gets sore if you have an infection or a bug. They can get irritated quite easily. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, it just means they are doing their job.

Also they can definitely be asymmetrical. I had both of my tonsils removed when I was 2 years old because they were really big and wouldn't go back down. Guess what - one grew back a few years ago! I freaked, of course, and went to an ENT. He said the same thing yours said - we aren't the same on both sides.

Also you don't have HPV if you were tested negative for it. I wouldn't worry about that.

I have had asymmetrical tonsils for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by scared111 View Post
    I went to an ENT and he said that is normal and that we humans are not perfectly symmetrical.
    And there you have it! (unless you're Tom Cruise ~lol~)

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information