Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help!

help!

i have just took my first effexor an hour ago! i have just gone all hot and shaky and feel very sick! is this normal? am i going to be ok? should i take any more?

dont worry prawny, people often feel bad initially after taking anti-deps? is it an ssri? just try and relax, a lot of it may be psychosomatic after all. Come and see us in the chat room now.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

how do you get on the chat room?

It isnt unusual...I was similar with both Prozac and effexor.....you've got to remember that it is assisting chemicals and you will feel various symptoms.......it will get better so stick withit....the start is always the hardest. If you really have problems ask the doctor isf he can start you on a lower dose.I know they sometimes put you on 75mgs straight away when some people find it easier to start on 37.5. Does this apply to you?
    Good luck

S

It is a normal reaction hon, dont give up yet.

First time i had a certain tablet i had a panic attack within 15 minutes, no way could have been the tablet but my lack of confidence in them brought it on. No doubt they do have side affects so build up the dose slowly and give your body time to adjust to them but please dont give up at the first hurdle like i did a few years ago, as lost two years of my life and now back on same med and feel a different person.

Keep feeling postive and talk to us, we will help you through it.

Love Sal xxxx

hi

thanks for your support!

i am on 37.5 mg its been about two hours now, dont feel as sick but feel a bit spaced! dont worry i wont give up!

if something bad was going to happen would it have happened by now?

dawn x

as soon as i took my first 40mg of citalopram i felt bloody awful, thought i was going to die (i always did overexaggerate!!!) If it is anything like your meds thengive it three days and you will feel on top of the world!, stick with it :-) good luck xxxx

H

thanks, well i got through the night. got to sleep about 3am. just about to have breakfast and take another one. i am trying to convince myself that they are making me feel so bad because they are making me better. i took citalopram 16 mths ago and didnt feel any different!

dawn x

its been over an hour since i took the second one!

heart isnt beating fast, no sickness!

feel a bit shivery and shakey but that i can cope with. oh and cant eat much, but not too worried about that might lose a few pounds!

overall i feel ten times better than i did last night, so is making me feel positive about the medication which makes me feel happy!

thanks for the support
    dawn xxxx

hi,

i have got through the day ok, still been very shakey and feeling weird. but for the past two hours the symptoms have gone.

will they come back when i take tonights tablet? (11pm)

or is that it for feeling weird?

does anyone know if your pupils stay big throughout treatment or do they wear off with the side effects?

thanks
    dawn xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information