Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 different antidepressants in the past 5 months!!!

Unhappy 4 different antidepressants in the past 5 months!!!

I had my 4th baby on nov 28/13,(i have 3 girls 5months, 2 years, 3 years and son that is 5, a few weeks after that i started to get really stress and low patience so my doc put me on Zoloft 100mg, it was way to strong and it made everything worse, high anxiety, crazy thoughts and mood swings, so he switched me to lexapro 25mg 3 weeks later, still didnt do any good! I stopped taking it all for bout a month the went to my family doc and she put me on Paxil 25 mg it was doing ok. March 18 my father pasted away and eveything went down hill, i started having these awful anxiety attacks and even got admitted into the hospital, got my heart tested to make sure everything was ok, it was!! The er doc gave me Ativan, it worked so well i took them for 2 weeks with Paxil and it was getting better! 2 weeks later went to follow up with my doc and to get a refill of Ativan, she took me off Paxil and Ativan, said it was a awful narcotic and i would get addicted to it! I started to panic cause with those 2 meds together i thought i could get my happy life back. She started me just on Celexa 20mg and today is my 4th day on them and i feel awful! Im scared of everything, when my kids cry i get nervous,i feel short of breath at times, my eye sight is funny looking, my upper back is so tensed and i feel like im going crazy and bad awful negative thoughts! The only thing that helps at times is reading my Bible and praying!!! Will i ever get passed this?? I feel helpless!!!

Re: 4 different antidepressants in the past 5 months!!!

Okay, well, this is the first time I've heard Ativan called a narcotic, however, it is indeed highly addictive, unfortunately. :( You need to trust your doctor on that. Maybe there is a different benzodiazapene (they are ALL potentially addictive) or a beta blocker (not addictive, helps with physical symptoms) that she or he may be willing to let you take on a strict schedule for a little while. She needs to be aware of your condition as you are experiencing severe start-up side effects just now. This won't last much longer, and meanwhile, please continue to reach out and work with her. Make an appointment to see her asap! Whenever we start a new medication, particularly psychoactive meds like antidepressants, we need to be monitored in case of worsening symptoms. Please don't hesitate to seek help immediately if you develop suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself or others.
    Good luck, hunni, please keep us posted!
    Marie
    Last edited by SADnomore; 12-04-14 at 17:52.

Yea i was really upset that she took me off of it cause it was my rescue! I have a appointment next week with her but she said that about a week or 2 i should start to feel better. Its really important that i get past this, im a stay home mommy to 4 babys and its getting really hard!

thank you, ill keep posting

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Yes go back to your Dr........ it really is ok to take Ativan whilst waiting for the AD to start working . It is very common to have a Valium for start up side effects.

Sarah

She won't give them to me so i may have to go to another doc just to get them! thank you

Hi Eve,
    Ativan is not narcotic but it but it is highly addictive but one good thing is the that at least you know that it is anxiety that is causing your symptoms otherwise it wouldn't have worked as well as it did. Keep with the celexa for at least a month or so Congratulations on the semi-newborn lol

I'm going to try my best to get them back, ASAP! Thank you so much kids are a hand full! I just hope i get better so i can be the best mommy ever. It hurts my heart when my children ask me mommy what wrong or when i cry mommy what happen?

Hi Eve22, just wanted to say I hope u start to feel better soon. Cant be easy bringing up four babies when your feeling like this. All the best. x

Awwww thank you!! Yes it is very hard but with God, The Holy Bilbe and this site and my meds i will get through this

Im sure you will. Stay positive. x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information