Thread: Frequent urination

Frequent urination

I have posted on this site only once before, but my HA is getting the best of me again, and I was doing good for so long! I keep getting the feeling that I have to urinate and it's driving me crazy. I've had all the tests for diabetes, utis etc and all came back normal so why is this happening?? I find myself having to go like once an hour. If anybody has had any experience with this, how did you deal with it?? Thanks for any input

P.S I am also on Fluoxetine for my anxiety

Re: Frequent urination

Hi Neecee,

Since medically you're Ok, that leaves anxiety. This is from the "symptoms" link here on the page....

Positive thoughts

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' - the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.
    This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.

Some remedies include ant-acids, diarrhea medication, relaxation and deep breathing.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have had the same problem recently. I never thought about it being strictly from the anxiety. And then the more you urinate the more you worry! A never ending cycle:/

I know, it's a vicious cycle :( I don't know how to break it, so I come here looking for ideas. I hate this...

Yeah, I at least feel more human and less crazy when I come here

Thread Information